Gunner

Default CO2 drink bottle adapters?

Anyone have a spare or know where I can get an adapter to connect a
standard CO2 "drink" bottle to an inert gas flow gage?

I would like to start using CO2 to MIG with and have a couple fountain
drink CO2 tanks

Thanks

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Ernie Leimkuhler

In article , Gunner
wrote:

Anyone have a spare or know where I can get an adapter to connect a
standard CO2 "drink" bottle to an inert gas flow gage?

I would like to start using CO2 to MIG with and have a couple fountain
drink CO2 tanks

Western Enterprises sells adapters for any kind of tank fitting.
Any weld supplier should have their catalog on a shelf.

You can download their catalogs from the website as PDF files.

http://www.westernenterprises.com/en...dcontents.html

Bugs

I did the same thing a few years ago. The local welding supply had the
flare nuts for the bottle. It is pretty standard.
Bugs

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

The smaller Lincoln Mig units supply that adaptor with the gas kit.

LLoyd

"Bugs" wrote in message
oups.com...
I did the same thing a few years ago. The local welding supply had the
flare nuts for the bottle. It is pretty standard.
Bugs

Grant Erwin

"Gunner"

Anyone have a spare or know where I can get an adapter to connect a
standard CO2 "drink" bottle to an inert gas flow gage?

I would like to start using CO2 to MIG with and have a couple fountain
drink CO2 tanks

I don't know what a "standard CO2 drink bottle" is. Do you mean a 20 lb.
bottle? Doesn't the regulator connect to the bottle and then the flowmeter
to the regulator? Aren't these all standard CGA fittings? Doesn't Taft have
a welding supply store (or are you it?) - GWE
Leo Lichtman

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote: The smaller Lincoln Mig units supply that
adaptor with the gas kit.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My Lincoln MIG 135 can with a gas connection that does not fit the CO2. I
went to a local regulator repair shop, and he reached in a box and GAVE me a
used one.

Gunner

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:02:59 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

Why?

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone have a spare or know where I can get an adapter to connect a
standard CO2 "drink" bottle to an inert gas flow gage?

I would like to start using CO2 to MIG with and have a couple fountain
drink CO2 tanks

Cost. CO2 is in a liquid state, and when changed to a gas..a tank of
CO2 is a hell of a lot of shielding gas.
It makes a hotter arc, penetrates deeper, splatters a hell of a lot
more and makes a narrow bead.

But its cheap, and most of my welding is done on rusty steel pipe,
channel and plate around the homestead. Rough and ready utility
welding where cosmetics is not an issue.

I would hope others here would chime in and tell both of us the plus's
and minus of using straight co2 for this sort of welding

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Rob Skinner

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:16:21 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

I would hope others here would chime in and tell both of us the plus's
and minus of using straight co2 for this sort of welding

Hi Gunner,
I've been using straight CO2 for a couple years. I don't find the
spatter to be excessive. The big benefit is that I have a couple
5 pound bottles, so the welder rolls under the welding table nicely.
I've also got a large siphon bottle, so I can refill the little
bottles when needed.

Rob

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Rob Skinner
La Habra, California
www.rustyiron.com
Rob Skinner

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I picked up the adaptor from the Praxair on
Orangethorpe off the 57.

Rob

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Rob Skinner
La Habra, California
www.rustyiron.com

Gunner

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 19:58:54 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

I never liked straight CO2. Just clean the rust off with a wire brush...you
do have a wire brush, don't you?

So what dont you like about CO2?
Should I use Stainless Steel or regular steel brushes?

Btw..I finally wore out one of your small cup brushes the other day.

Best as I can figure..it deslagged 25lbs of 1/8" 6011 before becoming
too short to do much of anything.

Many thanks!

Gunner

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:02:59 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

Why?

"Gunner" wrote in message
[...]

Gunner

wrote:

I would hope others here would chime in and tell both of us the plus's
and minus of using straight co2 for this sort of welding

Hi Gunner,
I've been using straight CO2 for a couple years. I don't find the
spatter to be excessive. The big benefit is that I have a couple
5 pound bottles, so the welder rolls under the welding table nicely.
I've also got a large siphon bottle, so I can refill the little
bottles when needed.

Rob

Thanks Rob. I first encountered CO2 when I was helping Frank Perdicaro
sp?) do some work with his carport one weekend last month. It welded
nicely on the I beams and trusses. Seemed to have good penetration
and whatnot.

Ive got two of the CO2 bottles with the $35 Deposit Pepsi Co.
stickers wire brushed off. (I think thats what the impression in the
faded paint says. The local welding house said no problem on filling
them.

Gunner

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Rob Skinner
La Habra, California
www.rustyiron.com

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Gunner

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:42:12 -0800, Rob Skinner
wrote:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I picked up the adaptor from the Praxair on
Orangethorpe off the 57.

Rob

Remember how much it was?

Gunner

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Rob Skinner
La Habra, California
www.rustyiron.com

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"

Tom Gardner

So, you're going to increase the planet's load of greenhouse gases. You're
going to melt the ice caps, starve the Ethiopians, turn rain forests into
deserts, destroy agriculture, shift US trade balance...I'M TELLING CLIFFY!!!

"Gunner" wrote in message
Anyone have a spare or know where I can get an adapter to connect a
standard CO2 "drink" bottle to an inert gas flow gage?

I would like to start using CO2 to MIG with and have a couple fountain
drink CO2 tanks

Thanks

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"

Rob Skinner

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 04:10:01 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Remember how much it was?

Gunner

If I recall correctly, about ten or twelve bucks.
Sometimes I don't recall correctly.

Rob

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Rob Skinner
La Habra, California
www.rustyiron.com
Richard J Kinch

Gunner writes:

Anyone have a spare or know where I can get an adapter to connect a
standard CO2 "drink" bottle to an inert gas flow gage?

I would like to start using CO2 to MIG with and have a couple fountain
drink CO2 tanks

Soda fountains use CO2 cylinders with CGA 320 fittings, which is the
standard CO2 fitting. Isn't that what is also used for welding with CO2?
Or maybe you want to change the nipple on the regulator, rather than insert
some kind of (high pressure!) adapter?

See my page:

http://www.truetex.com/carbonation.htm
Gunner

wrote:

Remember how much it was?

Gunner

If I recall correctly, about ten or twelve bucks.
Sometimes I don't recall correctly.

Rob

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Rob Skinner
La Habra, California
www.rustyiron.com

Thanks..Ill check it out in a week or three.

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Gunner

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 04:27:48 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

So, you're going to increase the planet's load of greenhouse gases. You're
going to melt the ice caps, starve the Ethiopians, turn rain forests into
deserts, destroy agriculture, shift US trade balance...I'M TELLING CLIFFY!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just think though..Im feeding a tree, and in return, it will give us
oxygen. More oxygen is good.

Gunner

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone have a spare or know where I can get an adapter to connect a
standard CO2 "drink" bottle to an inert gas flow gage?

I would like to start using CO2 to MIG with and have a couple fountain
drink CO2 tanks

Thanks

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"

Gunner

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:24:38 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Gunner writes:

Anyone have a spare or know where I can get an adapter to connect a
standard CO2 "drink" bottle to an inert gas flow gage?

I would like to start using CO2 to MIG with and have a couple fountain
drink CO2 tanks

Soda fountains use CO2 cylinders with CGA 320 fittings, which is the
standard CO2 fitting. Isn't that what is also used for welding with CO2?
Or maybe you want to change the nipple on the regulator, rather than insert
some kind of (high pressure!) adapter?

See my page:

http://www.truetex.com/carbonation.htm

I believe you are correct. Changing the nipple and fitting on the end
would be a good idea. Ive got several regulators for CO2 and simply
changing the connector would do me just fine.

Tanks!

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
habbi

I switched to Pepsi years ago. I use there tanks for my steel miging and
for paintball tank refilling. They don't charge for a lease or rent and just
charge me 25 bucks each time I exchange, I still rent alusheild for aluminum
(75 argon/25 helium).

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:02:59 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

Why?

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Roger Shoaf

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
So, you're going to increase the planet's load of greenhouse gases.

You're
going to melt the ice caps, starve the Ethiopians, turn rain forests into
deserts, destroy agriculture, shift US trade balance...I'M TELLING

CLIFFY!!!

Except to fill the bottles with CO2 they first remove it from the air so
there is no change in the eco-system.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Martin H. Eastburn

Roger Shoaf wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

So, you're going to increase the planet's load of greenhouse gases.

You're

going to melt the ice caps, starve the Ethiopians, turn rain forests into
deserts, destroy agriculture, shift US trade balance...I'M TELLING

CLIFFY!!!

Except to fill the bottles with CO2 they first remove it from the air so
there is no change in the eco-system.

I suspect the energy turns the CO2 into carbon (into the steel) and uses the oxygen
to burn iron or other elements as needed - or just hot gas.

So if this is the case, Gunner is cleaning the air of CO2. :-)

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer
Gunner

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 05:22:26 GMT, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

Roger Shoaf wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

So, you're going to increase the planet's load of greenhouse gases.

You're

going to melt the ice caps, starve the Ethiopians, turn rain forests into
deserts, destroy agriculture, shift US trade balance...I'M TELLING

CLIFFY!!!

Except to fill the bottles with CO2 they first remove it from the air so
there is no change in the eco-system.

I suspect the energy turns the CO2 into carbon (into the steel) and uses the oxygen
to burn iron or other elements as needed - or just hot gas.

So if this is the case, Gunner is cleaning the air of CO2. :-)

Martin

Think I can get an EPA grant for the service Im rendering in removing
greenhouse gases?

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)