habbi

I switched to Pepsi years ago. I use there tanks for my steel miging and
for paintball tank refilling. They don't charge for a lease or rent and just
charge me 25 bucks each time I exchange, I still rent alusheild for aluminum
(75 argon/25 helium).

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:02:59 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

Why?

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
Anyone have a spare or know where I can get an adapter to connect a
standard CO2 "drink" bottle to an inert gas flow gage?

I would like to start using CO2 to MIG with and have a couple fountain
drink CO2 tanks

Cost. CO2 is in a liquid state, and when changed to a gas..a tank of
CO2 is a hell of a lot of shielding gas.
It makes a hotter arc, penetrates deeper, splatters a hell of a lot
more and makes a narrow bead.

But its cheap, and most of my welding is done on rusty steel pipe,
channel and plate around the homestead. Rough and ready utility
welding where cosmetics is not an issue.

I would hope others here would chime in and tell both of us the plus's
and minus of using straight co2 for this sort of welding

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"