Pedro

Default Thanks for the free air tools!

Thanks to who ever let us know about the aircompressor lawsuit. I got a free
3/8 air ratchet that's not bad (for free) and the $2.50 blowgun is now the
prized possession of my three year old!

Pedroman

ATP*

"Pedro" wrote in message
Thanks to who ever let us know about the aircompressor lawsuit. I got a
free
3/8 air ratchet that's not bad (for free) and the $2.50 blowgun is now the
prized possession of my three year old!

Pedroman

I hope you're not letting your three year old play with a blowgun hooked up
to an air compressor. They can be very dangerous, in a number of ways.

Tim Wescott

ATP* wrote:
"Pedro" wrote in message

Thanks to who ever let us know about the aircompressor lawsuit. I got a
free
3/8 air ratchet that's not bad (for free) and the $2.50 blowgun is now the
prized possession of my three year old!

Pedroman

I hope you're not letting your three year old play with a blowgun hooked up
to an air compressor. They can be very dangerous, in a number of ways.

But fun, if it's under _very_ close supervision.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Jason Marshall

Tim Wescott wrote:
ATP* wrote:

"Pedro" wrote in message

Thanks to who ever let us know about the aircompressor lawsuit. I got
a free
3/8 air ratchet that's not bad (for free) and the $2.50 blowgun is
now the
prized possession of my three year old!

Pedroman

I hope you're not letting your three year old play with a blowgun
hooked up to an air compressor. They can be very dangerous, in a
number of ways.

But fun, if it's under _very_ close supervision.

I turn my regulator down to about 15 psi and turn my 3-year-old loose
with a blow gun all the time while I'm working in the shop. Make sure
it's one with the little safety holes on the side.
Dangerous? Were you never a kid or what? All the cool stuff is 'too
dangerous' now.

Jason

Robin S.

"Jason Marshall" wrote in message

I turn my regulator down to about 15 psi and turn my 3-year-old loose with
a blow gun all the time while I'm working in the shop. Make sure it's one
with the little safety holes on the side.
Dangerous? Were you never a kid or what? All the cool stuff is 'too
dangerous' now.

I don't know what 15psi feels like, but you get precisely two eyes and no
more.

At work, carelessness can mean anything from a cut finger to getting crushed
under 2,500 tons. These opportunities expose themselves every couple of
seconds for the entire shift.

Regards,

Robin

ATP*

Tim Wescott wrote:
ATP* wrote:

"Pedro" wrote in message

Thanks to who ever let us know about the aircompressor lawsuit. I got a
free
3/8 air ratchet that's not bad (for free) and the $2.50 blowgun is now
the
prized possession of my three year old!

Pedroman

I hope you're not letting your three year old play with a blowgun hooked
up to an air compressor. They can be very dangerous, in a number of
ways.

But fun, if it's under _very_ close supervision.

I turn my regulator down to about 15 psi and turn my 3-year-old loose with
a blow gun all the time while I'm working in the shop. Make sure it's one
with the little safety holes on the side.
Dangerous? Were you never a kid or what? All the cool stuff is 'too
dangerous' now.

Jason

Things are different now, but kids can still have fun. Your shop must be a
lot safer than mine:-)

Richard J Kinch

Jason Marshall writes:

I turn my regulator down to about 15 psi and turn my 3-year-old loose
with a blow gun all the time while I'm working in the shop.

Do you know the bursting strength of the tympanic membrane?
Dave Hinz

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:06:01 -0700, Bill Rude wrote:
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 01:48:21 -0600, Richard J Kinch wrote:
Jason Marshall writes:

I turn my regulator down to about 15 psi and turn my 3-year-old loose
with a blow gun all the time while I'm working in the shop.

Do you know the bursting strength of the tympanic membrane?

Quiet, Darwin is at work here............

I didn't know an eardrum was needed for reproduction.
Spehro Pefhany

Jason Marshall writes:

I turn my regulator down to about 15 psi and turn my 3-year-old loose
with a blow gun all the time while I'm working in the shop.

Do you know the bursting strength of the tympanic membrane?

Quiet, Darwin is at work here............

I didn't know an eardrum was needed for reproduction.

It might actually work against the process.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
ATP*

wrote:
Jason Marshall writes:

I turn my regulator down to about 15 psi and turn my 3-year-old loose
with a blow gun all the time while I'm working in the shop.

Do you know the bursting strength of the tympanic membrane?

Quiet, Darwin is at work here............

I didn't know an eardrum was needed for reproduction.

There's other places where 15psi might be deadly.

Yeah, I've heard that story too. Compressed air seems innocuous because it's
"just air". But it can be dangerous in a number of ways that might not be so
obvious.

Gerald Miller

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:42:34 -0500, "ATP*" wrote:

.. .
wrote:
Jason Marshall writes:

I turn my regulator down to about 15 psi and turn my 3-year-old loose
with a blow gun all the time while I'm working in the shop.

Do you know the bursting strength of the tympanic membrane?

Quiet, Darwin is at work here............

I didn't know an eardrum was needed for reproduction.

There's other places where 15psi might be deadly.

Yeah, I've heard that story too. Compressed air seems innocuous because it's
"just air". But it can be dangerous in a number of ways that might not be so
obvious.

NEVER "goose" a co-worker with a high pressure blow gun - it
becomes very nasty.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Eric R Snow

Jason Marshall writes:

I turn my regulator down to about 15 psi and turn my 3-year-old loose
with a blow gun all the time while I'm working in the shop.

Do you know the bursting strength of the tympanic membrane?

Quiet, Darwin is at work here............

I didn't know an eardrum was needed for reproduction.

There's other places where 15psi might be deadly.

Actually, the average pressure required to burst human lungs is a 3
psi differential. I know. It seems low. But that's what it is. And
minor damage can occur at less than 1 pound differential on ear drums.
Don't know what the low limit for lungs is. Wonder how much pressure
it takes to burst an eye? Betcha 15 psi coming out of an air gun has
enough speed to push random dust pretty deep into an eye though.
ERS
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:02:04 -0800, the inscrutable Eric R Snow
spake:

Actually, the average pressure required to burst human lungs is a 3
psi differential. I know. It seems low. But that's what it is. And
minor damage can occur at less than 1 pound differential on ear drums.

Wow, I'm surprised more of both aren't burst.

Don't know what the low limit for lungs is. Wonder how much pressure
it takes to burst an eye? Betcha 15 psi coming out of an air gun has
enough speed to push random dust pretty deep into an eye though.
ERS

Don't you guys remember when WE were kids and there were no safeguards
on anything? Breeding a helpless set of kids is NOT in our best
interests, especially when it's they who will take care of us in our
old age. Caution the kids, sure. But let them make the very same dumb
mistakes we made if they must. We all healed when we got super dumb,
right?

"Boy, I feel safer now that Martha Stewart is behind bars!
O.J. is walking around free, Osama Bin Laden too, but they
take the one woman in America willing to cook and clean
and work in the yard and haul her ass to jail."
--Tim Allen
Ed Huntress

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
[...]

This is a self-selecting set in that regard, Larry. The ones who didn't
aren't here to answer your question.

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner

Jason Marshall writes:

I turn my regulator down to about 15 psi and turn my 3-year-old loose
with a blow gun all the time while I'm working in the shop.

Do you know the bursting strength of the tympanic membrane?

Quiet, Darwin is at work here............

I didn't know an eardrum was needed for reproduction.

There's other places where 15psi might be deadly.

Actually, the average pressure required to burst human lungs is a 3
psi differential. I know. It seems low. But that's what it is. And
minor damage can occur at less than 1 pound differential on ear drums.
Don't know what the low limit for lungs is. Wonder how much pressure
it takes to burst an eye? Betcha 15 psi coming out of an air gun has
enough speed to push random dust pretty deep into an eye though.
ERS

Done properly..it only takes 10-15 pounds to pop an eyeball out of the
socket at most.

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)

Gunner

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:46:39 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Don't you guys remember when WE were kids and there were no safeguards
on anything? Breeding a helpless set of kids is NOT in our best
interests, especially when it's they who will take care of us in our
old age. Caution the kids, sure. But let them make the very same dumb
mistakes we made if they must. We all healed when we got super dumb,
right?

And everyone needs to feel that moment of.. the moment of dazzling
crystalline clarity..when you realize and know completely and utterly
to the depths of your core, that you just ****ed up.

Been there, done that. More 'en once.

Gunner

It's better to be a red person in a blue state
than a blue person in a red state. As a red
person, if your blue neighbors turn into a mob
at least you have a gun to protect yourself.
As a blue person, your only hope is to appease
the red mob with herbal tea and marinated tofu.

(Phil Garding)
Ken Cutt

Dave Hinz wrote:

I didn't know an eardrum was needed for reproduction.

Not Married HUH ? You may not need to understand what they say but try
reproducing without at least the appearance of listening ;-)
Ken Cutt

Eric R Snow

wrote:

[...]

Yeah, one friend of mine healed up fine, but his fingers didn't grow
back after the saw cut 'em off. And another friend survived his
broken neck but is still a quadriplegic. Oh, and there's the one who
blew his fingers off with a cherry bomb. And speaking of fingers, my
neighbor stuck his finger on the chain of his bicycle and lost it at
the first joint. Then there's the kid who lost an eye when his brother
shot him with an arrow. Seems like giving a three year old an air gun
at even 15 psi is pretty stupid. Especially when his dad is gone and
he gets a hold of the air hose at 90 psi.
ERS
Dave Hinz

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 00:58:30 -0800, Ken Cutt wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

I didn't know an eardrum was needed for reproduction.

Not Married HUH ? You may not need to understand what they say but try
reproducing without at least the appearance of listening ;-)

uh huh, yes dear.

SteveB

Actually, the average pressure required to burst human lungs is a 3
psi differential. I know. It seems low. But that's what it is.

Anyone who has had scuba training knows that the pressue differential of a
few feet can kill you. If you wear a scuba tank into a pool, go three to
five feet down, take a breath, hold your breath, and come up, you will
rupture your lungs.

And
minor damage can occur at less than 1 pound differential on ear drums.

Wow, I'm surprised more of both aren't burst.

I have about 30% hearing loss in both ears. Too much industrial noise.
When I was in commercial diver training, we made chamber runs. We
pressurized to 200' in forty seconds. No wonder I am hard of hearing.

Steve

Larry Jaques

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:14:10 -0800, the inscrutable Eric R Snow
spake:

wrote:

Don't you guys remember when WE were kids and there were no safeguards
on anything? Breeding a helpless set of kids is NOT in our best
interests, especially when it's they who will take care of us in our
old age. Caution the kids, sure. But let them make the very same dumb
mistakes we made if they must. We all healed when we got super dumb,
right?

Yeah, one friend of mine healed up fine, but his fingers didn't grow
back after the saw cut 'em off. And another friend survived his
broken neck but is still a quadriplegic. Oh, and there's the one who
blew his fingers off with a cherry bomb. And speaking of fingers, my
neighbor stuck his finger on the chain of his bicycle and lost it at
the first joint. Then there's the kid who lost an eye when his brother
shot him with an arrow.

And I'll bet each was already all warned about each episode before
it took place. Boys will be boys. C'est la vie, c'est la guerre.

Seems like giving a three year old an air gun
at even 15 psi is pretty stupid. Especially when his dad is gone and
he gets a hold of the air hose at 90 psi.

I guess I'll have to stop reacting to the folks who want to make life
safe for everyone without a brain and go along with you on this one.

"Boy, I feel safer now that Martha Stewart is behind bars!
O.J. is walking around free, Osama Bin Laden too, but they
take the one woman in America willing to cook and clean
and work in the yard and haul her ass to jail."
--Tim Allen
pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Dave Hinz
wrote back on 21 Feb 2005 17:20:35 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
Jason Marshall writes:

I turn my regulator down to about 15 psi and turn my 3-year-old loose
with a blow gun all the time while I'm working in the shop.

Do you know the bursting strength of the tympanic membrane?

Quiet, Darwin is at work here............

I didn't know an eardrum was needed for reproduction.

If you can't hear her say "Doing anything, big boy?" there is a whole
lot less chance of you having kids who don't listen to you either.

tschus
pyotr

--
pyotr filipivich.
Bob Paulin

I'm still trying to come to grips with the fact that he has added CH tools
to his collection and he feels that it is, somehow, an improvement......

jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

And everyone needs to feel that moment of.. the moment of dazzling
crystalline clarity..when you realize and know completely and utterly
to the depths of your core, that you just ****ed up.

This is the definition of "Klong."

That rush of **** to your heart....

Jim

please reply to:

jim rozen

In article , Robin S. says...

I don't know what 15psi feels like, but you get precisely two eyes and no
more.

Like the sign says, "Do Not Stare into Airgun with Remaining Eyeball."

Jim

please reply to:

Here is the Rigid story. Maverick Woodworking 10 January 1st 05 10:22 PM
Here is the Rigid story. Maverick Woodworking 0 December 31st 04 07:43 PM
Brand of tools? Darren Woodturning 14 January 28th 04 12:39 AM
*** Rec.Woodorking Mini-FAQ, *** 121, now lead free! David F. Eisan Woodworking 3 July 31st 03 09:48 PM