Eric R Snow

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:46:39 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:02:04 -0800, the inscrutable Eric R Snow
spake:

Actually, the average pressure required to burst human lungs is a 3
psi differential. I know. It seems low. But that's what it is. And
minor damage can occur at less than 1 pound differential on ear drums.

Wow, I'm surprised more of both aren't burst.

Don't know what the low limit for lungs is. Wonder how much pressure
it takes to burst an eye? Betcha 15 psi coming out of an air gun has
enough speed to push random dust pretty deep into an eye though.
ERS

Don't you guys remember when WE were kids and there were no safeguards
on anything? Breeding a helpless set of kids is NOT in our best
interests, especially when it's they who will take care of us in our
old age. Caution the kids, sure. But let them make the very same dumb
mistakes we made if they must. We all healed when we got super dumb,
right?

Yeah, one friend of mine healed up fine, but his fingers didn't grow
back after the saw cut 'em off. And another friend survived his
broken neck but is still a quadriplegic. Oh, and there's the one who
blew his fingers off with a cherry bomb. And speaking of fingers, my
neighbor stuck his finger on the chain of his bicycle and lost it at
the first joint. Then there's the kid who lost an eye when his brother
shot him with an arrow. Seems like giving a three year old an air gun
at even 15 psi is pretty stupid. Especially when his dad is gone and
he gets a hold of the air hose at 90 psi.
ERS