Roy

Default Power feed on BP mill

Anyone use the import SERVO brand of table feeds that list for approx
50% of what the top of the loine Servo brands sell for? If so comments
please?

How about the Harbor Fright table feeds, or any other various
manufactuers brands of X axis feeds. I have about given up on the
mechanical gear box drive, and it looks like I need to cast the
adapter to take the place of the original table end mount and support
the long leadscrew, and mount one of these more commonly available
drives........Little uneasy about going HF, but its under
consideration.

Anyone have a good used drive for sale?

REMEMBER: "This is worth repeating for benefit of al newbies!
Jo Ann asked Dr. Solo to remind people that while she has retired from selling GF (and sold
the business to Ken Fischer http://dandyorandas.com/) she has NOT retired from
helping people with sick GF and koi FOR FREE. 251-649-4790 phoning is best for
diagnosis. but, can try email put "help sick fish" in subject. Get your fish at Dandy Orandas
Dandy Orandas Dandy Orandas........you guys got that DANDY ORANDAS
Grant Erwin

Roy wrote:
Anyone use the import SERVO brand of table feeds that list for approx
50% of what the top of the loine Servo brands sell for? If so comments
please?

How about the Harbor Fright table feeds, or any other various
manufactuers brands of X axis feeds. I have about given up on the
mechanical gear box drive, and it looks like I need to cast the
adapter to take the place of the original table end mount and support
the long leadscrew, and mount one of these more commonly available
drives........Little uneasy about going HF, but its under
consideration.

I have a good friend who recently bought an X axis powerfeed made by "Align",
think he paid $169. He put it on and it worked fine and has been in service
for over 2 years now with no problems. Lot cheaper than my Servo 150 .. GWE
David Billington

Same here, bought an Align brand AL250 about 4 years ago. Initially
thought the bevel gear drive was rather noisy but it has worn in now and
is fairly quiet. I fitted mine to a BP with non powerfeed leadscrew
which was not a problem. I don't know if it would fit on one already
fitted with a BP powerfeed leadscrew, you would have to check with the
vendor.

Grant Erwin wrote:

Roy wrote:

[...]

Karl Townsend

manufactuers brands of X axis feeds. I have about given up on the
mechanical gear box drive, and it looks like I need to cast the
adapter to take the place of the original table end mount and support
the long leadscrew, and mount one of these more commonly available

FWIW, I took off my Bridgy servo powerfeed years ago and replaced it with an
inexpensive one. I took the leadscrew out, shortened it and remounted the
bearings just at the end of the table. Fairly easy job.

I've had no trouble at all with the new unit.

Karl

Roy

Ok, been googling and calling all over but have not yet ofund a source
to check out the ALIGN brand of drives for the mill.......anyone have
any sources............