Default Cutting open old LO2 tank.

I have been asked to cut open an old liquid oxygen tank with my plasma
cutter. The intention is to use it as a glory hole for glasswork. I
have not actually looked at the tank myself.

Are there any explosion hazards or anything I should watch out for in
terms of safety. Are LO2 tanks double walled, contain a dewar or
contain any hazardous insulating material I should be careful of?

I'm not sure it'll fit the desired purpose very well, either.
Just because it's good at keeping very cold things very cold,
doesn't mean that the materials used for such will be good for
high temperature insulation as well.

The heat from the glory hole flame never makes direct contact with the
metal. You line the inside with an insulating material(frax). You can
use a little as a metal trashcan. In this case, the glass work being
done needs an opening larger than a trashcan can provide.