Default Jet Power Feed on Vertical Mill

I have a new Jet mill with power feed. I tried it today for the first
time and had a question. When I engage the feed the unit makes a
popping sound. It is the same in either direction and the powerfeed
works fine. Is this just the clutch engaging or is something wrong with
the unit? Do all power feed such as Servo make this sound? Thanks, Steve

Thanks Eric... -Steve

Waynemak

I have one on a bridgeport clone that makes the sound
wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks Eric... -Steve

NokNokMan

Just make sure you stay in "neutral" for a few seconds when changing
directions. Otherwise you'll hear a sound you definitely won't like.
Neutral turns off the powerfeed motor and the idea is to let the gear train
spin down before reversing.
Nok

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a new Jet mill with power feed. I tried it today for the first
time and had a question. When I engage the feed the unit makes a
popping sound. It is the same in either direction and the powerfeed
works fine. Is this just the clutch engaging or is something wrong with
the unit? Do all power feed such as Servo make this sound? Thanks, Steve

Underground wiring questions... guest987 Home Repair 52 February 2nd 05 01:52 AM
Bridgeport Power Feed to Servo conversion??? Craig Suslosky Metalworking 1 March 5th 04 03:59 AM
B`port power feed gear box part needed???? Craig Suslosky Metalworking 0 February 24th 04 04:39 AM
Old Man Winter Will Hit Us Tonight! Maryjoe Home Repair 29 February 2nd 04 06:26 AM
Power to loft. Spur of 60A shower feed? Will Cooke UK diy 1 August 5th 03 12:15 AM