NokNokMan

Just make sure you stay in "neutral" for a few seconds when changing
directions. Otherwise you'll hear a sound you definitely won't like.
Neutral turns off the powerfeed motor and the idea is to let the gear train
spin down before reversing.
Nok

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a new Jet mill with power feed. I tried it today for the first
time and had a question. When I engage the feed the unit makes a
popping sound. It is the same in either direction and the powerfeed
works fine. Is this just the clutch engaging or is something wrong with
the unit? Do all power feed such as Servo make this sound? Thanks, Steve