Default Aluminum at Lowes

Does anyone know what the aluminum rod at Lowes is in terms of grade?

I need some 3/8 inch rod that I can thread part way to put on a cb
antenna connector for a ham radio antenna.

I heard the 6061 was good but the 2024 or whatever it is gums up real
bad.

Is it hard to thread?

jmiguez

I have purchased metal from Online Metals.com. They have good, quick
service and reasonable prices. Freight can kill you though. They are
on the West Coast.

John

Charles A. Sherwood

Does anyone know what the aluminum rod at Lowes is in terms of grade?

I have managed to find 6061 at one of the local HW stores. It was
plainly marked. Don't remmember if it was home depo or ace.

chuck
Koz

jmiguez wrote:

I have purchased metal from Online Metals.com. They have good, quick
service and reasonable prices. Freight can kill you though. They are
on the West Coast.

John

Onlinemetals salesman comes around once in a while....says if price on
the web appears a little "funny" relative to what you see elsewhere,
give them a call to re-evaluate. They seem to be so focused on the "1
off" market that their web prices sometimes go a little awry.

Koz