RWatson767

Default Mounting pads for lathe

Decades ago where I worked they used pads between the floor and the machine. Do
they still do this or should I rely completely on the built in leveling
jacks/screws.

Thanks
Bob AZ
Mike Henry

"RWatson767" wrote in message
Decades ago where I worked they used pads between the floor and the
machine. Do
they still do this or should I rely completely on the built in leveling
jacks/screws.

McMaster-Carr sells them.

Dave Hinz

On 21 Jan 2005 03:08:19 GMT, RWatson767 wrote:
Decades ago where I worked they used pads between the floor and the machine. Do
they still do this or should I rely completely on the built in leveling
jacks/screws.

I'm using pads, they look like an oreo cookie only square and made
of rubber/cork/rubber. OK, nothing like an oreo cookie, but...
hard shims to get it level, then one of these on each corner to
quiet things a bit.

Dave Hinz
RWatson767

Dave
Mounting pads for lathe

I'm using pads, they look like an oreo cookie only square and made of
rubber/cork/rubber. OK, nothing like an oreo cookie, but...hard shims to get
it level, then one of these on each corner to
quiet things a bit.

This I will try.
Thanks
Bob AZ