Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jeepers

Default Sheet metal & Jeep question

The words "Jeep" on the side of Jeep CJs is embossed with the letters
painted on top. Actually the raised surface is more like Joop with the
'e's put on. My Jeep project CJ-7 is "Jeep Deere", Green & Yellow. I was
toying with the idea of adding the word "Deere" below the word "Jeep",
on raised sheetmetal like the original. I suppose it would look like
"Dooro" then the letters would go on top.

I considered bondo, but I don't think it would work at that thickness. I
might be able to do it in lead and I even considered doing it with a
body hammer, carefully. I have the skills, but I'm afraid that I might
get the sheetmetal too thin after I sand & grind.

Any ideas or suggestions?

--
Member AAAAAAAA
American Association Against Acronym Abuse And Also Ambiguity.

Beginner looking for source for sheet metal aluminun in Canada [email protected] Metalworking 7 December 5th 04 03:57 PM
Question shet metal repair wallster Metalworking 2 May 20th 04 04:08 PM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
newbie question: metal lathe - any use for woodworking Paul Jones Woodworking 6 February 12th 04 08:33 PM
Sheet Metal Richard Ferguson Metalworking 3 August 1st 03 05:19 PM