Default Looking for saw blade

I'm trying to find a saw blade that I can use in my 4 1/2" angle
grinder. Actually it is to cut wood but there are usually some nails
** in what I am cutting.

In checking McMaster, Harbor freight and Northern I have not found one.

Your help will be appreciated.
Lewis.

(** indicates metalworking content) :-)

Joe

I've used a cheap carbide blade in my circular saw to do just this...
Rebuilt a 12' X 40' porch including cutting through shingles to add gutters,
etc... One blade.

--

Joe - V#8013 - '86 VN750 - joe @ yunx .com
Northern, NJ

Born once - Die twice. Born twice - Die only once. Your choice...

Have unwanted music CDs or DVDs of any type? I can use them for our
charity. eMail me privately for details. Donation receipts available.

My eBay Stuff: http://tinyurl.com/4hpnc
wrote in message
ups.com...

I'm trying to find a saw blade that I can use in my 4 1/2" angle
grinder. Actually it is to cut wood but there are usually some nails
** in what I am cutting.

In checking McMaster, Harbor freight and Northern I have not found one.

Your help will be appreciated.
Lewis.

(** indicates metalworking content) :-)

Jim Levie

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 03:06:20 +0000, Tom Gardner wrote:

Up until now, I wasn't afraid. Is this a good idea?

No. And that's why he can't find a toothed blade for an angle grinder.
Without an automatic blade guard using an angle grinder like this could
get very interesting and exciting. A recipro saw and a bi-metal blade
seems a better choice.

wrote in message
ups.com...

I'm trying to find a saw blade that I can use in my 4 1/2" angle
grinder. Actually it is to cut wood but there are usually some nails
** in what I am cutting.

In checking McMaster, Harbor freight and Northern I have not found one.

Your help will be appreciated.
Lewis.

(** indicates metalworking content) :-)

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.

Larry Jaques

On 14 Jan 2005 17:35:38 -0800, the inscrutable "
spake:

I'm trying to find a saw blade that I can use in my 4 1/2" angle
grinder. Actually it is to cut wood but there are usually some nails
** in what I am cutting.

In checking McMaster, Harbor freight and Northern I have not found one.

I've found that the standard cutter for those things is a recip
saw. I have a Porter Cable Tigersaw for that kind of demolition.

Harbor Fright has a small table saw for crafts which might have
those small diameter buzz-saw blades, but be prepared to have
to drill out the arbor hole.

I drank WHAT? + http://www.diversify.com
--Socrates + Web Application Programming

Don Foreman

On 14 Jan 2005 17:35:38 -0800, "
wrote:

I'm trying to find a saw blade that I can use in my 4 1/2" angle
grinder. Actually it is to cut wood but there are usually some nails
** in what I am cutting.

In checking McMaster, Harbor freight and Northern I have not found one.

Your help will be appreciated.
Lewis.

Woodcutting blades are available for anglegrinders. I won't say
where because you don't want to be hitting nails with a wood-cutting
blade on an anglegrinder. Wrong tool for the job. Buy or rent a
circular saw with a cheap carbide blade. The difference is that the
circular saw may kick when it hits a nail, but it won't twist like an
anglegrinder would. Kick tends to be self-resolving; having
kicked it's done. Twist is more dangerous. It's harder to avoid in
the first place, and the more it twists the worse things get in a
flash. Highly recommended for excitement and war stories if you're
quick enough to get out of the way, nevermind damage to the workpiece.
Damage to work isn't usually a concern in demo work -- it's an
objective.

Pick yer pony, take yer ride. Hope you have a side grip on your
angle grinder. A side grip could make this approach feasible and
reasonably safe if you are able to maintain control. If you're
paying attention, fairly quick and fairly strong, it could work OK.
Eric R Snow

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 02:10:32 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

On 14 Jan 2005 17:35:38 -0800, "
wrote:

[...]

At the boat builders where my son works they use the big angle
grinders with a toothed carbide blade. They modify the grinder with an
extra side handle to make the thing useable. It is used to cut
aluminum. Like removing welds and so on. Everybody who uses it has to
take a class before they are allowed to use it. This class is approved
by WISHA, which is Washington state's version of OSHA. This grinder,
once modified, is called "the Meataxe".
ERS

warped saw blade? GBannish Woodworking 3 January 11th 05 04:31 PM
Stryco blade welder Jim Levie Metalworking 18 December 17th 04 08:54 PM
DIY planer blade sharpening revisitied:-) Lyndell Thompson Woodworking 0 March 25th 04 03:15 AM
Table saw blade recommation Mike Hide Woodworking 7 September 9th 03 03:46 AM