Don Foreman

On 14 Jan 2005 17:35:38 -0800, "
wrote:

I'm trying to find a saw blade that I can use in my 4 1/2" angle
grinder. Actually it is to cut wood but there are usually some nails
** in what I am cutting.

In checking McMaster, Harbor freight and Northern I have not found one.

Your help will be appreciated.
Lewis.

Woodcutting blades are available for anglegrinders. I won't say
where because you don't want to be hitting nails with a wood-cutting
blade on an anglegrinder. Wrong tool for the job. Buy or rent a
circular saw with a cheap carbide blade. The difference is that the
circular saw may kick when it hits a nail, but it won't twist like an
anglegrinder would. Kick tends to be self-resolving; having
kicked it's done. Twist is more dangerous. It's harder to avoid in
the first place, and the more it twists the worse things get in a
flash. Highly recommended for excitement and war stories if you're
quick enough to get out of the way, nevermind damage to the workpiece.
Damage to work isn't usually a concern in demo work -- it's an
objective.

Pick yer pony, take yer ride. Hope you have a side grip on your
angle grinder. A side grip could make this approach feasible and
reasonably safe if you are able to maintain control. If you're
paying attention, fairly quick and fairly strong, it could work OK.