Ryan and Diana Reid

Default Considering Doall Bandsaws

I'm still looking for a good bandsaw.

Is there any difference in the user friendliness of the Hydraulic i.e.
the 1612-3 fed tables versus the Pneumatic fed tables like the
2012-1AC?

Thanks,

Ryan
Ryan and Diana Reid

I really need some advice. The 2012-1AC is a 1980 and does not seem
to have any accessories or extra guides. The 1612-3 is a 1966 has 11
new blades, 7 used ones, 2 manual feeds and a complete collection of
blade guides.

I do not know how difficult it is to find blade guides or if guides
are typically carbide. I could make new tool steel guides but have no
current capability for machining slots in carbide.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Ryan

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:48:55 GMT, Ryan and Diana Reid
wrote:

I'm still looking for a good bandsaw.

Is there any difference in the user friendliness of the Hydraulic i.e.
the 1612-3 fed tables versus the Pneumatic fed tables like the
2012-1AC?

Thanks,

Ryan

Tony

Do-All is still in business so why not give them a call and ask them what
blade guides cost. I have a 16" Doall with Hydro table, well made machine.
It came with a bunch of guides, can't recall if they are carbide or not.

Tony

wrote:

I'm still looking for a good bandsaw.

Is there any difference in the user friendliness of the Hydraulic i.e.
the 1612-3 fed tables versus the Pneumatic fed tables like the
2012-1AC?

Thanks,

Ryan

Doall Saws with Hyrdaulic Tables Ryan and Diana Reid Metalworking 3 January 8th 05 12:00 AM
Comparing 18" Bandsaws Brett A. Thomas Woodworking 18 December 1st 04 04:12 PM
bandsaws and dados Pete Martin Woodworking 7 November 16th 04 07:29 PM
Laguna Bandsaws brandt Woodworking 18 September 19th 04 12:34 PM
FS: Buffalo Iron Worker and DoAll Saw momat Metalworking 0 July 18th 03 07:10 PM