DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Considering Doall Bandsaws (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/86375-considering-doall-bandsaws.html)

Ryan and Diana Reid January 14th 05 09:48 PM

Considering Doall Bandsaws

I'm still looking for a good bandsaw.

Is there any difference in the user friendliness of the Hydraulic i.e.
the 1612-3 fed tables versus the Pneumatic fed tables like the
2012-1AC?

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan and Diana Reid January 17th 05 12:13 PM

I really need some advice. The 2012-1AC is a 1980 and does not seem
to have any accessories or extra guides. The 1612-3 is a 1966 has 11
new blades, 7 used ones, 2 manual feeds and a complete collection of
blade guides.

I do not know how difficult it is to find blade guides or if guides
are typically carbide. I could make new tool steel guides but have no
current capability for machining slots in carbide.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Ryan

Tony January 18th 05 02:05 AM

Do-All is still in business so why not give them a call and ask them what
blade guides cost. I have a 16" Doall with Hydro table, well made machine.
It came with a bunch of guides, can't recall if they are carbide or not.

Tony