AZOTIC

Default FA Nice little surface grinder ( ebay )

Nice little sanford surface grinder :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3865699 9
31&rd=1

Not affiliated with seller.

Best Regards
Tom.
Grant Erwin

Maybe the deal was too nice -- I noticed ebay removed the posting. Must
have been a scam. - GWE

AZOTIC wrote:

Nice little sanford surface grinder :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3865699 9
31&rd=1

Not affiliated with seller.

Best Regards
Tom.

David Billington

Its still there its just the OPs message has had the link wrapped. I
wish it was in the UK I might have bid on it as I could use one
occasionally but don't want the space taken by a larger surface grinder.

AZOTIC wrote:

Nice little sanford surface grinder :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3865699 9

31&rd=1

Not affiliated with seller.

Best Regards
Tom.

Grant Erwin

David Billington wrote:

Its still there its just the OPs message has had the link wrapped. I
wish it was in the UK I might have bid on it as I could use one
occasionally but don't want the space taken by a larger surface grinder.

Ooh, that *is* cute. If it's rigid enough I would love to have that in
place of my 6x12" machine which weighs like 1500 pounds. However, I already
have my SG so I'm not likely to lift a finger .. - GWE
Charles A. Sherwood

Ooh, that *is* cute. If it's rigid enough I would love to have that in

Keep in mind that the seller states there is noticable wear on the ways.
That would make me think twice. Plus you have to add the $40 crating fee
and probably 200 shipping fee to the price.

Charles A. Sherwood

Keep in mind that the seller states there is noticable wear on the ways.

The wear is depicted and *is* rather considerable...it is a 1957 model

I am not stating that the seller did not disclose this info.

I am stating that a SG with considerable wear on the ways will have
limited usefulness because I don't think it will grind a very flat
surface anymore.

chuck
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Gene Kearns wrote:

[ ... Sanford grinder ... ]

It has climbed to a bit more $$ than I would care to give for it, but
it certainly looks like a usable and restorable tool....

It is similar to mine, but with differences.

1) The table was designed for coolant.

2) (As mentioned) there is a coolant fixture on the stone guard.

3) The mag chuck is a permanent magnet one. Mine is an
electro-magnetic one, and the manual warns *not* to use coolant
with the EM chuck. (And after examining the circuitry, I can see
why. :-)

There are the openings in the casting for the EM chuck power
cable and the second toggle switch which goes:

HOLD -- OFF -- AC DEMAG

It looks pretty nice -- other than the bed wear, and that could
be re-ground or scraped by a dedicated restorer.

It is also almost closed, now.

Enjoy,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564