Default Powder coating curing

well storming the internet i came across some interesting info..
available on www.columbiacoatings.com apparently its alot more
efficient to cure the parts not in an oven but with a infrared heater.
now my concern is even if we do this outside, someone will have to walk
up to the part bein cured and move the heater to the spot needing the
heat. as far as i understand, while curing powdercoating gives off
really bad fumes. is this still true with this methood of curing, if so
what kind of respirator should be used?

Bob Engelhardt

.... available on
www.columbiacoatings.com apparently its alot more
efficient to cure the parts not in an oven but with a infrared heater.

They might have a slightly biased opinion - they're selling a $325 (ON
SALE) heater. One that looks a LOT like this $70 one (less the stand):
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=5838&R=5838
Bob

well no way in the worls id pay that much for that. thers one on ebay
that has 3 elements @ 40000btu, and its like 129. or even the one u
found may be a better deal. anyway no word on breathing safety?

The project that broke my metal brake, (plus some powder coating results) James Lerch Metalworking 5 January 10th 05 01:46 AM
Powder Coating Oven Update James Lerch Metalworking 10 December 31st 04 01:28 AM
Removing powder coating from ali sheet? [email protected] Metalworking 4 December 8th 04 06:40 PM
Powder coating Cicero UK diy 9 September 14th 04 06:20 PM
Harbor Freight powder coating kit? m5bmw Metalworking 5 October 23rd 03 02:14 AM