granpaw

Gary Brady wrote in
ink.net:

wrote:
well no way in the worls id pay that much for that. thers one on ebay
that has 3 elements @ 40000btu, and its like 129. or even the one u
found may be a better deal. anyway no word on breathing safety?

I haven't tried any of those infrared lamps, but I suggest you hang
around a few of these powdercoating forums and ask opinions of those
that have used them. It seems that the consensus that I've seen is that
the lamps don't work efficiently and are more trouble than they're worth.

also haven't yet done any powder coating, but it is my understanding that
"radiant" heat is what a person needs for a good cure, something about
heating the part instead of the air around it.
On that note, a freind who is an engineer/troubleshooter for gas furnaces
gave me some plans he is working on to make an oven out of a van body,
utilizing wall mounted radiant heat and a revolving overhead track.
Sounds simple enough to make, but I think there would be a large learning
curve, and, it's too expensive a process to experiment a whole lot.