m5bmw

Default Harbor Freight powder coating kit?

Has anyone tried one of these Harbor Freight Powder Coat Kits. I
doesn't say in the ad that it needs a oven. Do they work or is it
just a waste of money?

thanks for input.

Glenn
Houston, Tx

Richard Ferguson

A buddy of mine bought the $150 one from Eastwood for his small
business, said that it was good. Yes, you need an oven of some kind, he
used an old electric kitchen oven.

Richard

m5bmw wrote:

Has anyone tried one of these Harbor Freight Powder Coat Kits. I
doesn't say in the ad that it needs a oven. Do they work or is it
just a waste of money?

thanks for input.

Glenn
Houston, Tx

Lynn Amick

Any true powder coating system needs an oven. Some have used a UV(?) lamp
to bake the powder. I think the HF setup would be realy nice for small
parts (the size of an old kitchen stove's oven). Just don't use the oven to
cook food in after you've baked some powdercoated stuff in it.

--
Lynn "I have opposable thumbs, and I'm not scared to use em" Amick
http://www.amickracing.com

"m5bmw" wrote in message
Has anyone tried one of these Harbor Freight Powder Coat Kits. I
doesn't say in the ad that it needs a oven. Do they work or is it
just a waste of money?

thanks for input.

Glenn
Houston, Tx

m5bmw

How hot do you have to have the oven. I'm looking at building a bed
and I'm weighing my painting options. Shound I powder coat it or use
a good exopy paint.

thanks for the input.

Glenn
Houston, Tx

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:45:59 GMT, m5bmw wrote:

Has anyone tried one of these Harbor Freight Powder Coat Kits. I
doesn't say in the ad that it needs a oven. Do they work or is it
just a waste of money?

thanks for input.

Glenn
Houston, Tx

Bob May

The temp needs to be about 400F to cure the plastic.

--
Bob May
Losing weight is easy! If you ever want to lose weight, eat and drink less.

BillGeorge

I've got one and it works fine and considering that I only paid $45
for it! I was $49.95 on sale and and used a $5 off coupon. I've seen
the exact same kit go for nearly a $100 on eBay. I bought a used
electric range for $25 which works fine with a few mod's to the oven
so I can hang stuff. And if you don't care about the back side of
whatever you are coating... just set it on the oven rack. I got my
powder from Columba Coatings. The chrome powder coating (after some
practice pieces) looks very nice. B.G.