Avestruz

Default Circuit Breaker Size? - 25HP, 200V, 3-Phase, 70A (Full Load)

Hello -

We just got a 25 HP Gardner-Denver screw drive air compressor (model#:
EBEOFH). Wondering how to hook it up....? Motor is 200V, 25HP, 3
phase, 70 full load amps.

Can we run it from a 100 amp breaker? Do we need any other form of
circuit protection?

Thanks for the help.

A.

Greg Anderson

100 amps in the 3rd phase should cover all of your needs. If you are AT ALL
unsure about the wiring of this I would buck up and hire a pro. What's a Hun
or so to have a pro come by when compared to all of the harm an improper
wiring job could give you. Anything that I have done in my shop that isn't
120v gets done by a pro, I figure that for what the equipment cost I should
not balk at having the power side done right. You can do all the grunt work
and have the electrician come by for the hook up to save yourself some
dough...

"Avestruz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello -

We just got a 25 HP Gardner-Denver screw drive air compressor (model#:
EBEOFH). Wondering how to hook it up....? Motor is 200V, 25HP, 3
phase, 70 full load amps.

Can we run it from a 100 amp breaker? Do we need any other form of
circuit protection?

Thanks for the help.

A.

R. O'Brian

You need a magnetic motor starter which will contain a circuit breaker or
fused switch for motor fault protection and an overload relay for motor
running protection. The system pressure switch will likely control the
starter. The feeder breaker in your supply panel to feed the starter will
be sized to coordinate with the motor fault protection and will definitely
be bigger than 100 A. You need a professional electrical person to select
and install the equipment to insure compliance with the NEC and any other
inspection authority.

If you compressor skid contains the motor control equipment as part of the
package, you still need a pro to insure that everything is sized and
adjusted properly. You CANNOT assume the compressor manuf is electrically
competent.

Randy

"Avestruz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello -

We just got a 25 HP Gardner-Denver screw drive air compressor (model#:
EBEOFH). Wondering how to hook it up....? Motor is 200V, 25HP, 3
phase, 70 full load amps.

Can we run it from a 100 amp breaker? Do we need any other form of
circuit protection?

Thanks for the help.

A.

Locating Circuit Breaker( barry martin Home Repair 0 December 19th 04 11:29 PM
Circuit breaker did not t barry martin Home Repair 1 September 20th 04 04:32 AM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 05:24 PM
Electric circuit breaker corrosion Jim Witte Home Repair 5 December 25th 03 12:47 AM
Newbie Service Panel Question HA HA Budys Here Home Repair 9 November 22nd 03 04:44 PM