R. O'Brian

You need a magnetic motor starter which will contain a circuit breaker or
fused switch for motor fault protection and an overload relay for motor
running protection. The system pressure switch will likely control the
starter. The feeder breaker in your supply panel to feed the starter will
be sized to coordinate with the motor fault protection and will definitely
be bigger than 100 A. You need a professional electrical person to select
and install the equipment to insure compliance with the NEC and any other
inspection authority.

If you compressor skid contains the motor control equipment as part of the
package, you still need a pro to insure that everything is sized and
adjusted properly. You CANNOT assume the compressor manuf is electrically
competent.

Randy

"Avestruz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello -

We just got a 25 HP Gardner-Denver screw drive air compressor (model#:
EBEOFH). Wondering how to hook it up....? Motor is 200V, 25HP, 3
phase, 70 full load amps.

Can we run it from a 100 amp breaker? Do we need any other form of
circuit protection?

Thanks for the help.

A.