PrecisionMachinisT

Default Shipping advice?

"~KJPRO~" KJPRO @ STARBAND.NET wrote in message
Hello all,
I was referred here by a friend.

I looking for shipping solutions for shipping a metal working tool from
another state to me.

The unit will be on a pallet and about 250lbs.

Looking for a reliable, easy to work with, resonable shipper.

Thanks
~kjpro~

( Crossposted to: rec.crafts.metalworking )

--

SVL

Bogone

Freightquote.com is really good.
Charlie

ATP

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

"~KJPRO~" KJPRO @ STARBAND.NET wrote in message
Hello all,
I was referred here by a friend.

I looking for shipping solutions for shipping a metal working tool from
another state to me.

The unit will be on a pallet and about 250lbs.

Looking for a reliable, easy to work with, resonable shipper.

Forward Air is not easy to work with, but they can save you some money.
Yellow Freight is very easy to deal with and reasonable. I would definitely
check freightquote and maybe look for other shipping brokers as well.

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

"~KJPRO~" KJPRO @ STARBAND.NET wrote in message
Hello all,
I was referred here by a friend.

I looking for shipping solutions for shipping a metal working tool from
another state to me.

The unit will be on a pallet and about 250lbs.

Looking for a reliable, easy to work with, resonable shipper.

Thanks
~kjpro~

( Crossposted to: rec.crafts.metalworking )

--

SVL

You've run into one of my (and many others...) pet peeves. I know this has
been brought up before, but, when you ask for advice about services,
supplies, machines or whatever might be available, please tell us where you
are. Many of us have had experiences with various shippers and are more
than willing to help. But experience with, say, a West Coast regional
shipper moving something from California to Utah doesn't have much
applicability if you are in Florida...

Jerry

~KJPRO~

"PrecisionMachinisT" wrote in message

"~KJPRO~" KJPRO @ STARBAND.NET wrote in message
Hello all,
I was referred here by a friend.

I looking for shipping solutions for shipping a metal working tool from
another state to me.

The unit will be on a pallet and about 250lbs.

Looking for a reliable, easy to work with, resonable shipper.

Thanks
~kjpro~

( Crossposted to: rec.crafts.metalworking )

--

SVL

Thanks for the help everyone.

~kjpro~
BTW, not sure if this will post to both groups as the later didn't show on
my list.

RWatson767

Shipping advice?
From: "~KJPRO~" KJPRO@

Thanks for the help everyone.

~kjpro~
BTW, not sure if this will post to both groups as the later didn't show on
my list.

"forwardair.com" You will have to deliver the pallet to their office and the
receiver pick it up but thay are prompt and reliable.
Bob AZ
Don Foreman

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 19:14:51 -0800, "PrecisionMachinisT"
wrote:

"~KJPRO~" KJPRO @ STARBAND.NET wrote in message
Hello all,
I was referred here by a friend.

I looking for shipping solutions for shipping a metal working tool from
another state to me.

The unit will be on a pallet and about 250lbs.

Looking for a reliable, easy to work with, resonable shipper.

I used Yellow Freight once and found them very accomodating. I
thought they were reasonable too, though I didn't shop it much.

As it happens, I was both shipper from Michigan and recipient near
Minneapolis, so I saw how they work on both ends. I would use them
again.

Too_Many_Tools

Hi,

I don't mean to start an argument but why do you request that your
contributions to this discussion group not be archived.

It is well within your right to not have it archived but I think you do
both us and yourself a disservice by not allowing your messages to be
archived.

Your advice contained within this message is a perfect example of what
I am talking about.. It is good advice and I or anyone else may have a
question on this same subject in the future. When your message is not
archived, that advice is lost to those in the future who use this group
as a reference...much as you have. As I read your thread discussing the
large transformer, I think about how useless that discussion will be in
the future when your portion of the discussion disappears. It is like
taking a book and removing pages at random...it renders the book
useless. Please reconsider your "No Archive" setting...you have much to
offer those who will be looking for guidance in the future when they
read these discussions..

Thanks for considering my request.

TMT

ATP

Shipping advice?
From: "~KJPRO~" KJPRO@

Thanks for the help everyone.

~kjpro~
BTW, not sure if this will post to both groups as the later didn't show on
my list.

"forwardair.com" You will have to deliver the pallet to their office and
the
receiver pick it up but thay are prompt and reliable.
Bob AZ

But they only accept money orders and you don't know the exact total until
you bring the item to their office. Most sellers don't want to go through
that. They can be cheap, but Yellow is a lot more flexible.

Logistic Solutions

My name is Ruben Flores I own a Shipping company in Texas and will give
a cheaper price that no one can match. We can save 50 percent off UPS
and FED-ex prices. We can ship anywhere in the world at anytime. If
you need a quote please feel free to call at 210-364-5333 or e-mail at
. We will need to know the weight, where it is
going and how fast you want it there.
If interested please contact me.

Logistic Solutions

My name is Ruben Flores I own a Shipping company in Texas and will give
a cheaper price that no one can match. We can save 50 percent off UPS
and FED-ex prices. We can ship anywhere in the world at anytime. If
you need a quote please feel free to call at 210-364-5333 or e-mail at
. We will need to know the weight, where it is
going and how fast you want it there.
If interested please contact me.

Where to get advice about old timber framed buildings? Longish Nick UK diy 29 February 2nd 05 02:09 PM
Shipping Question T. Woodworking 24 February 3rd 04 07:46 PM
Taking down a timber frame - need advice L Bargstedt Woodworking 6 August 12th 03 08:07 AM
OT - Lightweight Ebay shipping fee scam Jim Stewart Metalworking 11 July 20th 03 12:41 PM