GMasterman

Default Phase 2 toolholder

Can any of you direct me to a exploded drawing of a Phase 2 piston type
toolpost? I'd like to take mine apart to clean and lube but cannot get the cam
out. Feels like there may be springs attatching the pistons and I am reluctant
to force anything trying to find how it dissassembels. Thanks!
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
GMasterman wrote:
Can any of you direct me to a exploded drawing of a Phase 2 piston type
toolpost? I'd like to take mine apart to clean and lube but cannot get the cam
out. Feels like there may be springs attatching the pistons and I am reluctant
to force anything trying to find how it dissassembels. Thanks!

I don't have the piston style, so I don't know for sure, but I
would suggest that what I would try would be to depress both pistons by
hand (or C-clamp if necessary) while withdrawing the cam.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Wild Bill

I have one of the HF series 100 QCTPs. With one of the pressure pads moved
outward, loosen the screw and rotate the pad 90 degrees, then twist the
screw back in just to hold the "lifter" clear of the cam. If the original
screws are too short, use any screws of the same size/pitch.
Do the same to the second lifter, and the cam lifts out. removing the screws
will allow the lifters and springs to be removed from the cam well.

It may be best to keep the lifters and pads in their original locations.

I've been using a really thick, gooey/sticky synthetic lube for brake
calipers in situations where significant pressure is present. It's been
performing well in the QCTP, tailstock ram feed screws, drill press rack 'n
pinion and a few other enclosed applications.

WB

"GMasterman" wrote in message
Can any of you direct me to a exploded drawing of a Phase 2 piston type
toolpost? I'd like to take mine apart to clean and lube but cannot get the

cam
out. Feels like there may be springs attatching the pistons and I am

reluctant
to force anything trying to find how it dissassembels. Thanks!

GMasterman

Thanks Wild Bill! Did it today and it worked just like you said. I an amazed at
how much crap was trapped in the guts of my toolpost! Cleaned it out and lubed
with some Lubriport 105 for now and it worked alot better. Thanks again!

WANTED: 50hp Phase Converters - - - Tax Deductible - - EAGLE SCOUT Gov't Service Project [email protected] Metalworking 23 January 3rd 05 07:57 AM
Different RPM Loads on Rotary Phase Converters Artemia Salina Metalworking 4 September 5th 04 09:37 PM
Testing 3 phase motors Pal Metalworking 1 July 11th 04 11:50 PM
3 phase electrics jacob UK diy 10 May 18th 04 04:46 PM
General stuff on phase converters Bob Swinney Metalworking 2 November 25th 03 07:51 PM