Wayne Cook

On 29 Dec 2004 23:43:48 -0500, (DoN. Nichols)
wrote:

In article ,
GMasterman wrote:
Can any of you direct me to a exploded drawing of a Phase 2 piston type
toolpost? I'd like to take mine apart to clean and lube but cannot get the cam
out. Feels like there may be springs attatching the pistons and I am reluctant
to force anything trying to find how it dissassembels. Thanks!

I don't have the piston style, so I don't know for sure, but I
would suggest that what I would try would be to depress both pistons by
hand (or C-clamp if necessary) while withdrawing the cam.

It's the other way around. You have to hold both pistons out to
remove the cam. Actually you only have to hold one if you set one of
the pistons all the way out. The way I've done it is turn the cam till
one piston is out. Wedge a small screw driver in the side so that it
can't go back in and then turn the cam till the other piston is all
the way out. The cam should slide out then.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook