Carl Byrns

Default RobertTeenut Bastow toast

Maybe the OP header (Jan 11, 9:15 PM) just didn't ring any bells:

Just a quick note to remind Those Who Know, that the annual world-wide
toast to Teenut's memory is coming up fast.

-Carl

DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Carl Byrns wrote:
Maybe the OP header (Jan 11, 9:15 PM) just didn't ring any bells:

I read it, and planned to honor it. I just didn't see the need
to post a followup.

Just a quick note to remind Those Who Know, that the annual world-wide
toast to Teenut's memory is coming up fast.

Indeed so.

Take Care,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Darren J. Paul

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 18:36:54 GMT, Carl Byrns
wrote:

Maybe the OP header (Jan 11, 9:15 PM) just didn't ring any bells:

Just a quick note to remind Those Who Know, that the annual world-wide
toast to Teenut's memory is coming up fast.

-Carl

Hello,

What time zone is this based on please? I want to be able to convert
to Brisbane, Australia time.

I remember teenut (he once said it shound have a small "t") and I want
to get the time right.

Thanks.

Darren.

Long time lurker.
Ken Davey

wrote:

Maybe the OP header (Jan 11, 9:15 PM) just didn't ring any bells:

Just a quick note to remind Those Who Know, that the annual world-
wide toast to Teenut's memory is coming up fast.

-Carl

Hello,

What time zone is this based on please? I want to be able to convert
to Brisbane, Australia time.

I remember teenut (he once said it shound have a small "t") and I want
to get the time right.

Thanks.

Darren.

Long time lurker.

Maybe this should be more of a reminder than a memorial to Robert (teenut)
Bastow.
I think he would want it this way
Ellen - forgive me - he was yours.
Your pain is mine.
Of all the contributors here he will always be remembered when all of us
others have been long forgotten.
Anyone who does not know him or does not know of him - he is in the archives
and there he will always live.
And yes - lets agree on a universal time to raise a glass.
\
Ken - EST-1 hr.
--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'

Carl Byrns

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:01:44 -0600, "Ken Davey"
wrote:

Maybe this should be more of a reminder than a memorial to Robert (teenut)
Bastow.

Not a huge difference, but alright.

I think he would want it this way

I think he'd get a kick out of folks 'round the world raising a glass
in his name.
I'd like to think that I started something unique with this back in
2002 (geez, has it been three years?). Who knows?

Ellen - forgive me - he was yours.

Ellen knows about the toast and approves. Helluva nice lady- the
perfect foil to teenut.

Of all the contributors here he will always be remembered when all of us
others have been long forgotten.

Well said.

-Carl
Don Foreman

wrote:

Maybe the OP header (Jan 11, 9:15 PM) just didn't ring any bells:

Just a quick note to remind Those Who Know, that the annual world-wide
toast to Teenut's memory is coming up fast.

The wee dram that will be quietly hoisted here in Fridley will be that
which is very seldom tasted here, a Speyside single malt that was 16
years old when I bought it at a small distillery in Scotland 15
years ago and has been since saved for special occasions.
jim rozen

In article , Carl Byrns says...

Ellen knows about the toast and approves. Helluva nice lady- the
perfect foil to teenut.

Indeed. Here's a link to some pages for anyone who wants to
recall:

http://www.metalworking.com/RCM-gallery/files/Bastow,Robert/

I was unable to locate the memorial web site that had been
available in the past.

Jim

please reply to:
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Carl Byrns wrote:
Maybe the OP header (Jan 11, 9:15 PM) just didn't ring any bells:

Just a quick note to remind Those Who Know, that the annual world-wide
toast to Teenut's memory is coming up fast.

1) Type message.

2) Check spelling (ignoring complaints about spelling of
beverage)

3) Exit editor

4) Drink to teenut's memory (Using Nukie Brun)

5) hit 's' to send

6) Complete Nukie Brun, while thinking of teenut, and what we have
lost.

7) Continue to remainder of newsgroup

To teenut,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Grif

TeeNut,,,

'Nuff said, but I'll wander a bit.

Robert and my (first) wife passed about the same time. Cat gott'em
both. (The movie Pollie? Anyway, variations on the same process) The
wife and I were going thru the second trip as Robert was going thru his
journey. We had a fair number of e-conversations over time, at the
time I was trying to do the good thing for him, but I think it (he)
made my trip a lot easier.

I do a single malt on Hazel's day, always think of Robert, my dad and
baby sister. Just that Hazel and Robert are hooked up in my mind.
Hope his wife is doing well.

I'm a better person having lost Hazel and Robert, Wish I was 1/2 of
either one of them, I try, but I'm not a good trade for either one of
them, let alone both.
I'll toast a scotch this evening,,, a good touch to a missed past.

This is Ellen- Robert's wife. I can't believe it has been 4 years. I
still miss him everyday, but now I mostly remember the good times. It
did my heart good to read about the annual toast to teenut. I know he
is smiling down on us and raising a glass too. Things have changed in
my life. I did remarry- a great guy who is so like Robert it's scary.
I feel sometimes that Dave (my new husband) is Robert reincarnated.
They have the same likes and mannerisms. We managed to find good homes
for all of Robert's machines. It was important to me that the new
owners would handle them with love and care. I do check in now and
then to see familiar faces. Thanks again for paying tribute to a
one-of-a-kind teenut.

Jim Levie

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 20:04:53 -0800, esbratton wrote:

This is Ellen- Robert's wife. I can't believe it has been 4 years. I
still miss him everyday, but now I mostly remember the good times. It did
my heart good to read about the annual toast to teenut. I know he is
smiling down on us and raising a glass too. Things have changed in my
life. I did remarry- a great guy who is so like Robert it's scary. I feel
sometimes that Dave (my new husband) is Robert reincarnated. They have the
same likes and mannerisms. We managed to find good homes for all of
Robert's machines. It was important to me that the new owners would
handle them with love and care. I do check in now and then to see
familiar faces. Thanks again for paying tribute to a one-of-a-kind
teenut.

Cheer's to you Ellen. And we miss Teenut too... I sure that the annual
toast is something of a bittersweet occasion, but I'm glad to hear that
you are doing well.

And yes, I too raised a glass to Teenut's (Robert to you) memory.

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed RedHat.

jim rozen

In article , Dave Baker says...

Raising a glass just now myself. Gone but not forgotten. It is still the day
on usenet that stands out most prominently in my memory as one of shock and
great sadness.

Indeed. It's very dark when a bright candle burns out.
To Mr. Bastow.

Jim

please reply to:
Ken Sterling

This is Ellen- Robert's wife. I can't believe it has been 4 years. I
still miss him everyday, but now I mostly remember the good times. It
did my heart good to read about the annual toast to teenut. I know he
is smiling down on us and raising a glass too. Things have changed in
my life. I did remarry- a great guy who is so like Robert it's scary.
I feel sometimes that Dave (my new husband) is Robert reincarnated.
They have the same likes and mannerisms. We managed to find good homes
for all of Robert's machines. It was important to me that the new
owners would handle them with love and care. I do check in now and
then to see familiar faces. Thanks again for paying tribute to a
one-of-a-kind teenut.

Thanks so much for "checking in", Ellen. We all are interested in how
you are doing and keeping us up to date. It's absolutely amazing how
many people Robert has "touched" over the years. I never had much of
a "posting connection" with him-but I've gained so much knowledge from
posts (and files) he has placed on here. He has definitely left a
lasting impression on a lot of people and it was very generous of him
to spread the knowledge to those in need. He continues to be a big
help as many times his "files" are referenced as a good source of
info. You should be very proud. Glad you're doing fine and we all
wish you the very best. Keep popping in every now and again to keep
us all "in line" :-)
Ken.