Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ken Grunke

Default looking for a 4" hubbed wheel

Basically a sprocket wheel without teeth--like this:

http://www.token.crwoodturner.com/ecc/hub.gif

4" dia., 3/16" to 3/8" thick
Hub dia. 1 1/4" to 1 3/4"
1/2" bore (or smaller, I can bore it out).
Hub length 1" to 2".
Preferrably mild steel or *cast iron*, but aluminum will work.

This is for a woodturner's eccentric chuck attachment I designed--

http://www.token.crwoodturner.com/ecc/index.shtml

Now some of my woodturning buddies want one made up.

I'm hoping somebody will have a small pile of these in their scrap bin,
I could use about a dozen perhaps more. But if you have just one, or 5,
let me know. I can turn down an oversize piece, but will need the 1/2" bore.

I could use a sprocket wheel or gear and machine it down for lack of
anything else.

I'd consider welded construction if the weld were on the flat side and
didn't stick out, or a very nice looking full-circle weld at the joint
between the hub and plate.

Be nice with the price please, I have to make a little money on this.
Thanks,

Ken Grunke
http://www.token.crwoodturner.com/shop/