Martin H. Eastburn

Ken Grunke wrote:

Basically a sprocket wheel without teeth--like this:

http://www.token.crwoodturner.com/ecc/hub.gif

4" dia., 3/16" to 3/8" thick
Hub dia. 1 1/4" to 1 3/4"
1/2" bore (or smaller, I can bore it out).
Hub length 1" to 2".
Preferrably mild steel or *cast iron*, but aluminum will work.

This is for a woodturner's eccentric chuck attachment I designed--

http://www.token.crwoodturner.com/ecc/index.shtml

Now some of my woodturning buddies want one made up.

I'm hoping somebody will have a small pile of these in their scrap bin,
I could use about a dozen perhaps more. But if you have just one, or 5,
let me know. I can turn down an oversize piece, but will need the 1/2"
bore.

I could use a sprocket wheel or gear and machine it down for lack of
anything else.

I'd consider welded construction if the weld were on the flat side and
didn't stick out, or a very nice looking full-circle weld at the joint
between the hub and plate.

Be nice with the price please, I have to make a little money on this.
Thanks,

Ken Grunke
http://www.token.crwoodturner.com/shop/

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000
Newsgroups

-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers
=-----

Most outside country suppliers of metal and wood lathes have faceplates
that can be modified as you need. Sounds like you can turn and work
the metal.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn