nick

Default Mini lathe question

I've recently received a chinese mini-lathe and just ignore
the function of a certain part of it. A photograph of it
is he http://www.dpchallenge.com/image.php?IMAGE_ID=128958
Havent seen this part described anywhere. Any help appreciated.

jtaylor

nick wrote in message
oups.com...
I've recently received a chinese mini-lathe and just ignore
the function of a certain part of it. A photograph of it
is he http://www.dpchallenge.com/image.php?IMAGE_ID=128958
Havent seen this part described anywhere. Any help appreciated.

Hmm, mine doesn't have that, nor have I seen anything like it. Looks like
someone added it - how did you get this lathe? Did you get anything with it
that looks like it would fit that bit?

nick

BTW the lathe is distributed by a german firm, its exactly this one:
http://www.dpchallenge.com/image.php?IMAGE_ID=128980

Fred R

Just a WAG - attachment/pivot for a taper attachment?

--
Fred R
________________

DoN. Nichols

In article .com,
nick wrote:
I've recently received a chinese mini-lathe and just ignore
the function of a certain part of it. A photograph of it
is he http://www.dpchallenge.com/image.php?IMAGE_ID=128958
Havent seen this part described anywhere. Any help appreciated.

Hmm ... the round feature with a single flat ground on one side?

It looks to me as though it is intended to provide a flat
surface parallel to the travel of the compound. That might serve with a
sine bar (and gauge blocks) to allow you to set the compound to a more
precise angle than is otherwise available -- perhaps in preparation for
turning a Morse taper, or something similar where the angle is critical.

Or -- it might be a flat large enough to slap a magnetic base
for a dial indicator onto for checking runout.

But -- these are only a guesses.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Larry Jaques

On 18 Dec 2004 10:04:54 -0800, "nick" calmly
ranted:

I've recently received a chinese mini-lathe and just ignore
the function of a certain part of it. A photograph of it
is he http://www.dpchallenge.com/image.php?IMAGE_ID=128958
Havent seen this part described anywhere. Any help appreciated.

Shirley that's a prefabbed holder for a poke-in light which
tracks the tool, huh?

That looks like a nice little lathe. What brand/model/price?

--
Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven.
Gee, ain't religion GREAT?

John Wilson

It looks a lot like the base of a chip guard. I have a 3 in 1 Chinese
machine distributed by Busy Bee in Canada and it came with acrylic guards
screwed to metal rods. The rods fitted into blocks such as that with pins
to control their orientation or spring loaded balls to retain them. Long
ago stripped off as I rarely generate hot chips.

John.

oups.com...

On 18 Dec 2004 10:04:54 -0800, "nick" wrote:

||I've recently received a chinese mini-lathe and just ignore
||the function of a certain part of it. A photograph of it
||is he http://www.dpchallenge.com/image.php?IMAGE_ID=128958
||Havent seen this part described anywhere. Any help appreciated.

That link doesn't seem to work for me. I just get kicked back to
the homepage for dcpchallenge.com.
Maybe it's not Mozilla-friendly?

Texas Parts Guy