Mango Bar

Default jet 14" mini lathe on sale at rocklers

For those in the market, Rocklers has the jet mini lathe on sale for
$249 (regular price is $349). It comes with the extension, a
jet/rockler apron and a $20 rockler gift certificate.
Mike in Mystic

do you have a link for this? I looked at their site and only find it listed
at the regular $350 and without any of the extras you mention.

Woodcraft has it for $350 but you get the stand ($120, IIRC) free. The
rockler deal sounds great, but please point us in the right direction.

--

There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

"Mango Bar" wrote in message
om...
For those in the market, Rocklers has the jet mini lathe on sale for
$249 (regular price is $349). It comes with the extension, a
jet/rockler apron and a $20 rockler gift certificate.

Woody

"Mango Bar" wrote in message
om...
For those in the market, Rocklers has the jet mini lathe on sale for
$249 (regular price is $349). It comes with the extension, a
jet/rockler apron and a $20 rockler gift certificate.

I can't find it either on their site??
Was it an online special or perhaps just a single walk-in store special?

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Latest 5 Reviews:
- Woodworking Techniques & Projects
- Kreg Right Angle Clamp
- Bosch 3912 (GCM12) 12" Compound Miter Saw
- Dowelmax Doweling System
- Ryobi CDL1802D Pro Series 18v Cordless Drill

Rick

Don't get really excited. Next month you should see it from a number of
vendors for $199.99.

As soon as the new VS version is shipping Jet is going to heavily discount
the present lathe.

Hold your cash for a month or so if you can.

Rick

"Mango Bar" wrote in message
om...
For those in the market, Rocklers has the jet mini lathe on sale for
$249 (regular price is $349). It comes with the extension, a
jet/rockler apron and a $20 rockler gift certificate.

Andrew Barss

In rec.crafts.woodturning Mango Bar wrote:
: For those in the market, Rocklers has the jet mini lathe on sale for
: $249 (regular price is $349). It comes with the extension, a
: jet/rockler apron and a $20 rockler gift certificate.

Woodworker's Source will be selling it next month for $199.00.

-- Andy Barss
jpro54

I picked one up on saturday for $179 plus tax. It was at a woodworking
expo in Michigan. It didn't have extension or stand, but I don't
want/need them anyway. The Jet rep kind of indicated that they may be
replacing this with a variable speed model in the $329 price range. I
think Jet is trying to clear out the old stock.

Joey
Jim M

I wonder what type of VS system they are going to be using on the mini. It's
electronic, looks much like the Carbatec or Teknatool mini lathes. But, if
it is like the other electronic drive mini lathes, how will the power be?
The carbatec as I remember suffered badly in the first incarnation of vs in
that it lacked sufficient torque. I looked up the manual on Jet's site and
it listed it as a1/2 hp motor with speeds of 500 - 3,900 rpm.
I have a vs motor on my Vicmarc VL 100. Got the motor and controller from a
machinery surplus center. And I can turn it down to 0 rpm if I want. Have no
clue of my top end speed, but its faster than I need that's for sure. Even
on the smallest pulley (which I leave it on for the most torque) it still
goes way faster than I need it to if I crank it up. I guess my point is
here, that technically, if they wanted to, they could make it a 0 - 3,900
rpm system if they wanted to instead of 500 being the minimum.

"Rick" wrote in message
Don't get really excited. Next month you should see it from a number of
vendors for $199.99.

As soon as the new VS version is shipping Jet is going to heavily discount
the present lathe.

Bob Darrah

Amazon is showing the new VS model for $299 with free shipping.

om...