Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Eric R Snow

Default Advice and opinions sought for homemade backhoe

I know this is stupid. But I ordered the plans already. To see what I
ordered try this link: http://cdp-backhoe.com/MID/backhoe.htm
The MID600 and thumb plans. Anyway, this is my plan:
First, scrounge for any parts and metal I can find over the next 9
months or so. While scrounging for parts disassemble the subaru
station wagon my son left here for the drive train components except
for the engine. Then, using the plans and any advice build the thing
onto some kind of frame that uses the subaru parts for mobility. The
power will come from an 18 hp wisconsin engine. The idea is to spin a
hydraulic pump with the engine and use the pump to power a hydraulic
motor connected to the drive train and to power the cylinders on the
backhoe. So, if ANYBODY has any ideas please feel free to post them.
Thanks,
Eric R Snow