On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:37:50 -0800, Eric R Snow
wrote:

I know this is stupid. But I ordered the plans already. To see what I
ordered try this link: http://cdp-backhoe.com/MID/backhoe.htm
The MID600 and thumb plans. Anyway, this is my plan

Eric,

I put one together similar to the plans that you have, although I got
mine from www.cadplans.com. I built the 821 and have never regretted
it. I didn't need a large or even a medium sized backhoe and this has
worked very well for me. The 821 uses a 11 hp motor and 6gph pump and
for what I do with it around my place it is just fine. The 821 is the
largest backhoe that cadplans has plans for. If you want to convert it
to a 3 pont hitch there is also plans for that to as well as smaller
sized backhoes, front end loaders, log splitters and such. I also
built their 3 pt hitch log splitter and it also works just fine. I do
have their plans for a front end loader to fit my tractor and one day
I will get around to building that too. I say go for it.

Richard