B.B.

In article ,
Eric R Snow wrote:

I know this is stupid. But I ordered the plans already. To see what I
ordered try this link: http://cdp-backhoe.com/MID/backhoe.htm
The MID600 and thumb plans. Anyway, this is my plan:
First, scrounge for any parts and metal I can find over the next 9
months or so. While scrounging for parts disassemble the subaru
station wagon my son left here for the drive train components except
for the engine. Then, using the plans and any advice build the thing
onto some kind of frame that uses the subaru parts for mobility. The
power will come from an 18 hp wisconsin engine. The idea is to spin a
hydraulic pump with the engine and use the pump to power a hydraulic
motor connected to the drive train and to power the cylinders on the
backhoe. So, if ANYBODY has any ideas please feel free to post them.
Thanks,
Eric R Snow

I've seen one of those. Well, the one I saw was a tad bit heavier.
I don't believe the fellow used any plans. Anyway, to stabilize it he
had three outriggers he could fold out, pin in place, and hammer spikes
through if the thing kept trying to move around.
He used an old John Deere radial piston pump and closed center
controls. That's probably serious overkill, but the pump's standby
pressure was settable and parts are available everywhere. Probably has
enough flow to run a traction motor to get you around if that's what you
want.
His boom was much thicker in relation to the rest of the machine than
what I see on the website. You might want to mount a pressure gauge
where you can watch it while operating so you know when you're about to
bend something.
Have fun. Take pictures.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/