THOMAS A MANNERS

Default need emco f1 30 taper tool holder and a manual

Hi, Looking for some factory emco f1 30 tapper tool holders and a
manual for this lathe. Hope you can help ,Thanks
Charles Morrill

If you're into Emco, I would suggest two things:

a) Everyday, and I do mean everyday, type the following words into an
Ebay search: "Emco" and "Maximat." Search for either term or both. Do
the Boolean thing.

b) Contact Blue Ridge Machinery repeatedly. Each time you'll get a
different person, and you'll learn more. Blue Ridge are currently the
sole importers of Emco stuff. If you have the bucks, I would
immediately tool up with everything they have for your machine. Their
price lists will also clue you into outlandish ebay reserves. For
example, there's a nice Emco rotary table on ebay at the moment with a
starting price that's about the same as a brand new one from Blue
Ridge. Rumor has it the new one is made in China, but who cares if
it's made well.

I've also had luck on the Chaski hobby message boards. The
Austrian stuff is lovely but expensive. Sometimes I also do Bison
because you get more for your money. It's also good to surf over to
Tony Griffith's site in England. I mean to buy his cd real soon
now....Tony has manuals for many of the Emco machines, as does Blue
Ridge. Tr y http://www.lathes.co.uk Tony is a superior human
being who knows that information about something is just as important
as the thing itself sitting in front of you.
The achilles heel of the older Emco machines is/are the fiber
gears in the mill heads/ headstocks. I suspect a number of us who have
such animals live with a sheet of phenolic underneath the workbench,
waiting for the time when we must make replacement gears. Blue Ridge
has them, but they're pretty expensive. You might end up paying several
hundred bucks for a new set. I would be careful with heavy intermittant
cuts using a fly cutter.
I think I've had too much Clos Du Bois Chardonnay. Please forgive
me. Carol just got off from the Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and
we're finally having Thanksgiving dinner. Next time everyone is sitting
down to Thanksgiving dinner, please remember the firefighters, police,
nurses, ambulance drivers etc. who will be there for you when something
goes wrong...
We really need an independent Emco page here somewhere to clue
everyone into all this stuff, complete with .dxf files of all the gears
so you can cnc them or make your local cnc Sherline guy very happy. I
actually started trying to do this but ran out of time.
By the way, are you sure you've got a lathe? I think the F1 refers
to a milling machine but that could be the Chardonnay...

Charles Morrill

THOMAS A MANNERS

Thanks Charles, I did have a brian fart, it is a mill not a lathe. I
have got a lot of parts for my cnc5 mk4 from blue ridge, I did not
think that they had parts and manuals for the F1 mills I will try
them. Thanks

Charles Morrill wrote in message news:200411271813181575%deichles@yahoocom...
[...]

DoN. Nichols

In article ,
THOMAS A MANNERS wrote:
Hi, Looking for some factory emco f1 30 tapper tool holders and a
manual for this lathe. Hope you can help ,Thanks

Since it is not a quick change, I suspect that normal 30-taper
tooling (NTMB, NMTB, whatever) would do -- once you made a pull knob to
screw into the taper. (I don't have a F1 mill, so I don't know for
sure.

I have a programming manual for the Compact-5/CNC lathe (the
last version of the firmware), and some of those codes appear to work
with the mill as well. I've got that scanned, if it would be of any use
to you.

I also have the maintenance manual -- the same manual is for
both the lathe and the mill. But I have not scanned that -- and some of
the schematic drawings are too large to be handled in a single pass in my
scanner. If you can't find another source, I could scan it, but it will
take quite a while. If Emco were still selling these manuals, I would
not be offering the scannings, but I suspect that I got close to the
last version printed.

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
J Gold

Hi,

I believe that any 30 taper tool holder will do (BT30, CAT30 or SK30) -
you just have to get the correct retention knob. Someone on EBay is
selling 5 tool holders that he says he has used on a F1.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
note that he also includes information on what he says is the correct
retention knob. I do not know the guy selling the tool holders.

Regards,
Jerry

THOMAS A MANNERS wrote:
Hi, Looking for some factory emco f1 30 tapper tool holders and a
manual for this lathe. Hope you can help ,Thanks

Leigh Knudson

Just sold a nice one on eBay last week. Why wern't you bidding? Leigh at MarMachine