gglines

Default Anodizing question?

I have some parts that I would normally chrome, but there is no way to
attach a hook for dipping in the chrome baths. Can anodized parts be tossed
in a tank or do they have to be individually hung on a rack?

Thanks,

George

PrecisionMachinisT

"gglines" wrote in message
I have some parts that I would normally chrome, but there is no way to
attach a hook for dipping in the chrome baths. Can anodized parts be

tossed
in a tank or do they have to be individually hung on a rack?

They hang.

But they got "clothespin" hangers that leave little if any visually
noticable difference in the parts usually.

--

SVL

DoN. Nichols

In article ,
PrecisionMachinisT wrote:

"gglines" wrote in message
I have some parts that I would normally chrome, but there is no way to
attach a hook for dipping in the chrome baths. Can anodized parts be

tossed
in a tank or do they have to be individually hung on a rack?

They hang.

They also have to make very good electrical connection or they
won't anodize well.

But they got "clothespin" hangers that leave little if any visually
noticable difference in the parts usually.

Another possibility is to twist soft aluminum wire into a
threaded hole on the part, so there are *no* visible areas without
anodize.

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Oparr

The parts to be anodized comprise the anode in the anode/(sulfuric
acid)/cathode setup so they must be hung using an electrical conductor,
typically aluminum or titanium wire/clips. No anodizing takes place at the
point of contact between the part and the conductor so the least exposed or
least conspicuous (especially if the part is to be dyed later) points are
chosen.

"gglines" wrote in message
I have some parts that I would normally chrome, but there is no way to
attach a hook for dipping in the chrome baths. Can anodized parts be

tossed
in a tank or do they have to be individually hung on a rack?

Thanks,

George

Basic Anodizing Question Statics Metalworking 8 September 6th 03 05:54 AM
Pipe thread question, NPT vs NPSF, MIP, FIP and IPS Jeff Wisnia Metalworking 1 August 9th 03 04:20 AM
Anodizing Questions c Metalworking 4 July 23rd 03 04:40 AM
Question about possible 'floating neutral' donald girod Home Repair 1 June 30th 03 03:47 AM