Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
swarfmeister

Default Palmgren Rotary table

After making the mistake of purchasing an import RT from Kitts that
turned out to be rubish made in India I then bought a Vertex.
Unfortunately it has not turned out much better. Center hole is not
on center of table and there is play in the rotation that make this RT
unsuitable for close tolerance work. If +,- .003 were okay it would
be fine, but I am hoping to do a little better.

I have a small mill and unfortunately don't have room for a 10" Moore
or 9" Troyke. I am interested in the Palmgren 8" but have no way of
knowing if it is well made. I don't want to end up paying $500 for a
RT that is little better than the Vertex that I am displeased with.
Palmgren is pretty vague about tolerances on their website and the ads
from the retailers are no better.

Does anyone here own one and care to share their thoughts? Any
thoughts on 40 to 1 tables as opposed to 90 to 1? One thing I like
about the Palmgren on paper is its light weight, about 40 pounds for
an 8" table.

Thanks in advance, please reply to group
Swarfmeister

I have limited space, need a table that will accomodate different tools that I can adjust to the height of my workbench Eugene Woodworking 9 August 13th 04 07:32 AM
Rotary table ID? tokarev Metalworking 1 May 20th 04 12:57 AM
Adjustable Shop/Die Table Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 5 April 26th 04 04:03 PM
My $11 coffee table Bubba Woodworking 10 July 15th 03 11:49 PM
Question about Vetex 6" Rotary Table keith Metalworking 0 July 11th 03 07:24 PM