Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mr Asch (and/or others) a benign question

On 5/30/2018 2:24 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I have been guilty as hell about keeping off topic threads going..but
I NEVER change my nym or email address so I can be blocked either
totally..or on any given thread. Simply blocking a thread works for
me..but some of the prima donnas...shrug. You know how it is when
guys get old and lose their sense of humor....shrug again.

We are reaching the upper ends of middle age..and getting to the Old
****ers...with few young faces showing up. Millienials dont have any
interest in machining, metalworking or even getting their hands dirty.
So we wont be seeing them. The rest of the kids...shrug..manual skill
sets are rare these days.

Big question is what do I do with my tools and equipment? Nobody in my
extended family knows which way the turn a screw. Nothing I paid a lot
for is worth crap anymore, the market is flooded and nobody knows the
difference between Snapon and Made in China crap.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 15 Jun 2018 06:45:06 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

[...]

Don't give it to an undeserving family member, close or extended.
Perhaps take extensive photos, list original costs/rebuilds/additions,
and tooling and list it on ebay for a fair price.

Or call Mike Rowe and sell/donate it to a cause he's supporting.
mikeroweWORKS.com

-
When you radically activate on the side of the Left, you call
forth compensatory forces. And they're not under your control.
--Jordan B Peterson
Go Trump! MAGA
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I well know the difference, better than you since it appears you're
over-valuing your stuff. Hint - it's worth what someone will pay for
it, dumbass. Easiest solution is to wheel it out to the curb. Some
needy Wieber type will take care of it for you before morning. So what
if they pawn it for peanuts and use the money to buy other stupid ****
they don't need. That type of thing is fine with you, right?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Wieber couldn't sell icewater to people in hell. If he took the crap,
it would just go into the "shop" to start collecting dust and mouse
droppings.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner on Fri, 15 Jun 2018 06:45:06 -0400 typed

Big question is what do I do with my tools and equipment? Nobody in my
extended family knows which way the turn a screw. Nothing I paid a lot
for is worth crap anymore, the market is flooded and nobody knows the
difference between Snapon and Made in China crap.

Good fortune for me, guy I met in technical school. Instructions
are "Call Carlin, tell him he has first dibs, and he can do with the
rest as he sees fit."
--
pyotr filipivich