Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What sort of clip is a keyring?

There's clips out there that look like little keyrings. Or maybe two-
turn springs.

What's their real name if I were to go searching for something on Amazon
or other hardware suppliers?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 16/03/16 20:26, Tim Wescott wrote:
There's clips out there that look like little keyrings. Or maybe two-
turn springs.

What's their real name if I were to go searching for something on Amazon
or other hardware suppliers?

I've ordered them before off ebay and they're called key rings, split
rings . Searching amazon for "split rings" turns up loads of the items I
think you're after.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 15:26:30 -0500, Tim Wescott
wrote:

There's clips out there that look like little keyrings. Or maybe two-
turn springs.

What's their real name if I were to go searching for something on Amazon
or other hardware suppliers?

I think they're generally called split rings. That's what we
fishing-lure makers call them:

http://www.anglersworkshop.com/Split...or-Lure-Making

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
There's clips out there that look like little keyrings. Or maybe
two-
turn springs.

What's their real name if I were to go searching for something on
Amazon
or other hardware suppliers?

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
http://www.wescottdesign.com

https://www.riogrande.com/category/f...nd-split-rings

--jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 20:35:30 +0000, David Billington
wrote:

On 16/03/16 20:26, Tim Wescott wrote:
There's clips out there that look like little keyrings. Or maybe two-
turn springs.

What's their real name if I were to go searching for something on Amazon
or other hardware suppliers?

I've ordered them before off ebay and they're called key rings, split
rings . Searching amazon for "split rings" turns up loads of the items I
think you're after.

I'll echo the "split ring" designator.

--
Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at
a distance but to do what lies clearly at hand.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 16 Mar 2016 15:26:30 -0500, Tim Wescott wrote:

There's clips out there that look like little keyrings. Or maybe two-
turn springs.

What's their real name if I were to go searching for something on Amazon
or other hardware suppliers?

Yes, they are split rings. Thank you all.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
There's clips out there that look like little keyrings. Or maybe two-
turn springs.

What's their real name if I were to go searching for something on Amazon
or other hardware suppliers?

Split ring. If you are looking for smallish ones look at fishing tackle
craft suppliers. Barlow's, LureCraft, etc.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/16/2016 4:26 PM, Tim Wescott wrote:
There's clips out there that look like little keyrings. Or maybe two-
turn springs.

What's their real name if I were to go searching for something on Amazon
or other hardware suppliers?

I've seen such when looking for Belleville washers.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 21:24:19 -0400, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 3/16/2016 4:26 PM, Tim Wescott wrote:
There's clips out there that look like little keyrings. Or maybe two-
turn springs.

What's their real name if I were to go searching for something on Amazon
or other hardware suppliers?

I've seen such when looking for Belleville washers.

Not a Belleville washer. They're shaped like shallow cones.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 3/16/2016 4:26 PM, Tim Wescott wrote:
There's clips out there that look like little keyrings. Or maybe two-
turn springs.

What's their real name if I were to go searching for something on Amazon
or other hardware suppliers?

I've seen such when looking for Belleville washers.

Not a Belleville washer. They're shaped like shallow cones.

I know, but when I was searching for Bellvilles I saw something like the
2-turn springs that Tim is looking for. Tim didn't expand on his
application. BTW, Bellvilles are one of those "magic" components that
the inventor deserves a special place in heaven.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 3/16/2016 4:26 PM, Tim Wescott wrote:
There's clips out there that look like little keyrings. Or maybe two-
turn springs.

What's their real name if I were to go searching for something on Amazon
or other hardware suppliers?

I've seen such when looking for Belleville washers.

Not a Belleville washer. They're shaped like shallow cones.

I know, but when I was searching for Bellvilles I saw something like the
2-turn springs that Tim is looking for. Tim didn't expand on his
application. BTW, Bellvilles are one of those "magic" components that
the inventor deserves a special place in heaven.

Hear hear!! 5 Stars for Bellville washers!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/16/2016 11:25 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
There's clips out there that look like little keyrings. Or maybe two-
turn springs.

What's their real name if I were to go searching for something on Amazon
or other hardware suppliers?

Split ring.

I attach my phone case to a carabiner with a split ring.
I then clip the carabiner to my belt loop. While mowing
the lawn today, I got the phone caught on something, it stretched
out the split ring into an egg shape. I would have expected my
belt loop to give up before that.
Miek

pen clip bumhead Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 March 3rd 10 02:22 AM
Curtain clip [email protected] UK diy 7 April 1st 09 05:37 PM
Clip on door Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 16 February 17th 08 06:57 PM
Where to buy clip nuts in the UK? Bob Eager UK diy 15 February 15th 08 08:21 PM