Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Training done right

Just finished 2 days of class room instruction on steam components by
Spirex Sarco. Learned heaps and got a nice thick book with far more info
than I'll ever use. End of each day, we were offered ice cold beer while
doing the tests. Gotta love Australia!

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 21:38:20 +0800, "not K, maybe Z" wrote:

On 04-Dec-15 3:48 PM, Jon Anderson wrote:
Just finished 2 days of class room instruction on steam components by
Spirex Sarco. Learned heaps and got a nice thick book with far more info
than I'll ever use. End of each day, we were offered ice cold beer while
doing the tests. Gotta love Australia!

Jon

It's beer'o'clock !

Several years ago, I attended an evening course in construction
materials. Since it was not an exam course and all of the material had
been covered before the final class, a note was posted on the
blackboard "field trip" and the entire class plus instructor adjourned
to a nearby pub.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 6 Dec 2015 20:59:53 -0600, Martin Eastburn
wrote:

Something close to that happened in the 60's with my Scottish Prof
on some Friday nights. He was a R&D type but had to have several
classes. It took almost a year to understand 80% of what he said,
and two years later he was off to the land of real beer. :-)

Martin

Final year of highscool French class was taught by a twenty year old
Scotish girl during her first year in Canada. Her language
qualification came from working as an "au pair" in Nice during her
vacations. Due to her accent , the recording for the final examination
portion involving transcibing a french dictation was accidentaly
destroyed before the exam.