Swingman

Default Pushstick In Training

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/PIT.JPG

New P.I.T. to replace the old, follows me around like a dog. Any suggestions
on teaching her how to relax, not take life so seriously, and resign herself
to her fate?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/05

Leon

"Swingman" wrote in message
http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/PIT.JPG

New P.I.T. to replace the old, follows me around like a dog. Any
suggestions
on teaching her how to relax, not take life so seriously, and resign
herself
to her fate?

Ah Swingman the economy is going into the pooper. You are no longer an
owner and have now become part of the staff. LOL

Toller

"Swingman" wrote in message
http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/PIT.JPG

New P.I.T. to replace the old, follows me around like a dog. Any
suggestions
on teaching her how to relax, not take life so seriously, and resign
herself
to her fate?

My dog does that, only she also spreads her rear legs out; like an upside
down rug.
The funny part is when she holds a toy with her front paws and chews on it,
while lying on her back.

Swingman

My dog does that, only she also spreads her rear legs out; like an upside
down rug.
The funny part is when she holds a toy with her front paws and chews on

it,
while lying on her back.

Our deceased Golden did that ... and raised many a shop kitten to boot. It's
been a couple of years but I still hear the tinkle of her collar and expect
to look around and see her.

Haven't had the heart to try and replace her.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/05

Charlie Self

Toller wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message
http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/PIT.JPG

New P.I.T. to replace the old, follows me around like a dog. Any
suggestions
on teaching her how to relax, not take life so seriously, and resign
herself
to her fate?

My dog does that, only she also spreads her rear legs out; like an upside
down rug.
The funny part is when she holds a toy with her front paws and chews on it,
while lying on her back.

Our mutt does that. And when it doesn't get her belly rubbed, she
brings out the big guns. She sits up (part dachsund, which gives her
the spread of butt needed to stay that way for hours, literally). Then
she presents her front paws in a praying position. If that doesn't
work, after a few minutes she keeps the paws together, but saws them
back and forth. Comes of being raised in Baptist country, I guess, but
we didn't teach her any of it. Well, my wife. She's the Baptist and I'm
the Backslid, which is a place I have inhabited for upwards of 50 years
now.

jo4hn

Swingman wrote:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/PIT.JPG

New P.I.T. to replace the old, follows me around like a dog. Any suggestions
on teaching her how to relax, not take life so seriously, and resign herself
to her fate?

She's begging you to lose the pink collar. Do that and she will become
that aloof and persnickety varmint that you desire.
j4
Tim Daneliuk

Swingman wrote:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/PIT.JPG

New P.I.T. to replace the old, follows me around like a dog. Any suggestions
on teaching her how to relax, not take life so seriously, and resign herself
to her fate?

I feel your pain. I have an engineer-in-training occasionally living
with me:

http://www.tundraware.com/Etc/smokey.jpg

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Tim Daneliuk

Charlie Self wrote:

Toller wrote:

"Swingman" wrote in message

[...]

Q: Why don't Baptists make love standing up?

A: It might lead to dancing.

Q: What's the difference between Northern Baptists and Southern Baptists?

A: Northern Baptists drink and smoke in front of each other.

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/
Swingman

"jo4hn" wrote in message

She's begging you to lose the pink collar. Do that and she will become
that aloof and persnickety varmint that you desire.

LOL ... being color blind, that never occurred to me! You're probably right
... but then I'd have to explain to # 2 daughter what happened to her
carefully selected kitty accoutrement.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/05

Doug Payne

On 01/09/2005 12:57 PM, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

I feel your pain. I have an engineer-in-training occasionally living
with me:

Way too interested in humans to be real. Here's what real cats look like
99% of the time:

http://heron.uwaterloo.ca/~dwpayne/misc/cat1.jpg

That reminds me, time for my afternoon nap...

Swingman

"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message
Swingman wrote:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/PIT.JPG

New P.I.T. to replace the old, follows me around like a dog. Any

suggestions
on teaching her how to relax, not take life so seriously, and resign

herself
to her fate?

I feel your pain. I have an engineer-in-training occasionally living
with me:

http://www.tundraware.com/Etc/smokey.jpg

This one was an orphan ... and judging from the identical looks, Daddy might
have been a "travelin' man".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/05

Charles Spitzer

"Swingman" wrote in message
http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/PIT.JPG

New P.I.T. to replace the old, follows me around like a dog. Any
suggestions
on teaching her how to relax, not take life so seriously, and resign
herself
to her fate?

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/05

one of mine likes to sleep on it's back like that but with his legs splayed
out to each side. looks like a sail cat, but not as flat.

they slow down at about 9-12 months, when they loose the kitten in them. too
bad too, as kittens are more fun.

Mark & Juanita

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 10:31:51 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/PIT.JPG

New P.I.T. to replace the old, follows me around like a dog. Any suggestions
on teaching her how to relax, not take life so seriously, and resign herself
to her fate?

... never known any cat to take life seriously. They just expect you to
feed, pet and generally keep them satisfied -- everything else is just
brief intervals between nap times.