Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Oregon men hospitalized, recovering after rare beaver attack

On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 02:01:56 +0200 (CEST), "Dave Smith"
wrote:

Two Oregon hikers who were assaulted by a beaver after they
climbed onto its dam have been hospitalized for injuries
incurred during the rare attack, law enforcement officials said
on Friday.

Clayton Mitchell, 23, told the Deschutes County Sheriff's Office
that he and a friend had been hiking along a river near his
central Oregon home on Thursday when they climbed onto a beaver
dam.

A resident beaver emerged from the dam, knocking Mitchell into
the Deschutes River and trapping his friend, 31-year-old John
Bailey, in a tangle of submerged logs, according to the
sheriff's department incident report.

After Miller contacted the sheriff’s department for help,
deputies called upon search and rescue volunteers to locate
Bailey.

Searchers heard the trapped man call for help, but he freed
himself and climbed out of the river just as deputies discovered
his location, the report said of the incident, which is
virtually unprecedented in central Oregon.

"I was just getting off shift when the report came in, and I
didn't believe it," Deschutes County Sheriff's Department
Lieutenant Joe Deluca said.

"I'm a city boy from the East Coast, and every day in Deschutes
County I learn something new," Deluca added. "This time, I
learned, don't mess with a beaver."

Mitchell and Bailey were both treated for non-life threatening
injuries and are expected to recover. There was no information
available on the status of the beaver, the sheriff's office said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...beaver-oregon-
idUSKBN0P62JX20150626

*

BULLSH*T! There is something else going on here, unless, of course,
the beaver was rabid - not likely - or drunk.
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

The two *******s were scared by a freaking beaver and caused all
manner of problems for themselves and local authorities. Attacked by
a beaver??? The 4 legged kind?

OT Leave it to Beaver trophies micky Home Repair 13 March 12th 14 02:14 AM
JCB Beaver: Maintenance fluids? Howie UK diy 2 April 7th 08 08:17 AM
Beaver Tools Robatoy[_2_] Woodworking 6 February 21st 08 12:20 AM
Rockwell Beaver Lathe Mr Fixit eh Woodworking 3 April 13th 05 02:28 PM
Can I have a beaver system installed in my garage [email protected] Home Repair 3 February 8th 05 03:13 PM