Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Leave it to Beaver trophies

It seems that most of you here are old enough, like I am, to have
watched Leave it to Beaver when first broadcast.

But regardless of your age, there is a corner of the den, in their new
house I think, just to the right of the door as one is leaving, where it
has 3 sets of animal antlers, each mounted on a wood plaque, on the
stained wood-paneled wall. There are several episodes where they stop
to talk as they are leaving the den and the camera shoots from inside
the room towards the hall.

The bottom is a set of 3-point antlers, each about 6 inches long.
The middle is a set about 4 inches long, with only one point at the end.
And on top is a set about 6 inches long, that each split to make 2
points about a half inch from the end.

Are there any animals that have antlers or other protuberances like
this? Maybe a 1-year old deericle. Or a large flying squirrel. Or
a 2-year old chipmunk.

And if there are such animals with such appendages, does anyone mount
them? Maybe children do?

Or was this a joke by the set designer or the director?

Are there any other unspoken jokes in the show?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/27/2014 01:26 AM, micky wrote:
It
Are there any animals that have antlers or other protuberances like
this? Maybe a 1-year old deericle. Or a large flying squirrel. Or
a 2-year old chipmunk.

And if there are such animals with such appendages, does anyone mount
them? Maybe children do?

Or was this a joke by the set designer or the director?

Are there any other unspoken jokes in the show?

The only joke I heard was the one where ...in the morning June tells Ward,
"You were a little hard on the beaver last night."
Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message

[...]

Pronghorn antelope?

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

"philo " wrote in message

On 02/27/2014 01:26 AM, micky wrote:
It
Are there any animals that have antlers or other
protuberances like this? Maybe a 1-year old deericle.
Or a large flying squirrel. Or a 2-year old chipmunk.

And if there are such animals with such appendages,
does anyone mount them? Maybe children do?

Or was this a joke by the set designer or the director?

Are there any other unspoken jokes in the show?

The only joke I heard was the one where ...in the morning
June tells Ward, "You were a little hard on the beaver
last night."

love it!

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

"micky" wrote in message
[...]

Young one?:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackalope

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:16:41 AM UTC-8, BurfordTJustice wrote:

[...]

Can you post photos? Or an episode name, or a season and an episode?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 09:59:09 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Young one?:

Well, I didn't think any animal had horns until it was old enough to
grow bigger horns, and I thought it was bad pool to kill one so young
that its horns were this little

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackalope

Nope. Not the pronghorn either. These antlers were as thick as twigs
of the same length.

Can you post photos? Or an episode name, or a season and an episode?

Probably not. But it's still on the DVR. I'll check.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 02/27/2014 09:56 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"philo " wrote in message

On 02/27/2014 01:26 AM, micky wrote:
It
Are there any animals that have antlers or other
protuberances like this? Maybe a 1-year old deericle.
Or a large flying squirrel. Or a 2-year old chipmunk.

And if there are such animals with such appendages,
does anyone mount them? Maybe children do?

Or was this a joke by the set designer or the director?

Are there any other unspoken jokes in the show?

The only joke I heard was the one where ...in the morning
June tells Ward, "You were a little hard on the beaver
last night."

love it!

About 30 years ago Ken Osmond and Jerry Mathers came to town here and I
got their autographs. I did not know that joke at the time or I would
have told it to them. I am sure they never heard it. (sarcasm)

" Beaver" looked tired and bored but "Eddy" really looked like he was
enjoying the event. The smile on his face said, "I cannot believe all
these suckers are standing in line to get my autograph." "Beaver's" face
kind of said. "I can't believe I've sunk this far."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 06:25:48 -0600, philo* wrote:

On 02/27/2014 01:26 AM, micky wrote:
It
Are there any animals that have antlers or other protuberances like
this? Maybe a 1-year old deericle. Or a large flying squirrel. Or
a 2-year old chipmunk.

And if there are such animals with such appendages, does anyone mount
them? Maybe children do?

Or was this a joke by the set designer or the director?

Are there any other unspoken jokes in the show?

The only joke I heard was the one where ...in the morning June tells Ward,
"You were a little hard on the beaver last night."

LOL! OOPS, I think I just soiled myself!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"philo " wrote in message ...
On 02/27/2014 01:26 AM, micky wrote:
It
Are there any animals that have antlers or other protuberances like
this? Maybe a 1-year old deericle. Or a large flying squirrel. Or
a 2-year old chipmunk.

And if there are such animals with such appendages, does anyone mount
them? Maybe children do?

Or was this a joke by the set designer or the director?

Are there any other unspoken jokes in the show?

The only joke I heard was the one where ...in the morning June tells Ward,
"You were a little hard on the beaver last night."

YEOOOOOOWWWWWW!!! LOL!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

"philo " wrote in message

[...]

They were in a car with Wally in the Hollywood Christmas Parade this year. Great to see them again. Poor Lumpy passed on last year.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The show streams on Netflix in HD. It shouldn't be too had to figure out if you know the episode name or plot.

Search Google for Leave it to Beaver + letter and you'll see something funny that only HD is allowing us to see.

Beaver Model 3400 Lathe Graham Gilbert Woodworking 7 December 7th 19 01:14 PM
JCB Beaver: Maintenance fluids? Howie UK diy 2 April 7th 08 08:17 AM
Beaver Tools Robatoy[_2_] Woodworking 6 February 21st 08 12:20 AM
melting old trophies Danny G. Metalworking 1 September 9th 05 01:57 PM
Rockwell Beaver Lathe Mr Fixit eh Woodworking 3 April 13th 05 02:28 PM