Posted to alt.home.repair
BurfordTJustice BurfordTJustice is offline

Default OT Leave it to Beaver trophies

"micky" wrote in message
It seems that most of you here are old enough, like I am, to have
watched Leave it to Beaver when first broadcast.

But regardless of your age, there is a corner of the den, in their new
house I think, just to the right of the door as one is leaving, where it
has 3 sets of animal antlers, each mounted on a wood plaque, on the
stained wood-paneled wall. There are several episodes where they stop
to talk as they are leaving the den and the camera shoots from inside
the room towards the hall.

The bottom is a set of 3-point antlers, each about 6 inches long.
The middle is a set about 4 inches long, with only one point at the end.
And on top is a set about 6 inches long, that each split to make 2
points about a half inch from the end.

Are there any animals that have antlers or other protuberances like
this? Maybe a 1-year old deericle. Or a large flying squirrel. Or
a 2-year old chipmunk.

And if there are such animals with such appendages, does anyone mount
them? Maybe children do?

Or was this a joke by the set designer or the director?

Are there any other unspoken jokes in the show?

--
Young one?:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackalope