Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Santa Clarita says "No!" to Jerry Brown's bull**** train.

On Wednesday, May 6, 2015 at 10:47:05 AM UTC-7, F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Tue, 5 May 2015 23:58:59 +0200 (CEST), "More Democrat
Immigration Tales" wrote:

After years of fighting against the California high-speed rail
project...

snip

FWIW: While high-speed rail remains an "interesting" metal
working related project, it appears there are other far more
immediate and critical needs.

Given that California produces the majority of the U. S.
fresh vegatables, particurarly in winter, adequate supplies
of water appear vital. It would seem the time, effort and
money being expended on high-speed rail would be far better
spent on massive desalinization and water pipe-line efforts,
coupled with the massive implementation, possibly subsidy,
of water conservation techniques such as hydroponics and
drip irrigation.

San Diego is way ahead of the rest of Cali. We know when to use Israeli technology to our advantage:

http://carlsbaddesal.com/construction-team

"IDE Technologies

The subcontractor, IDE Technologies has extensive experience developing engineering, producing and operating advanced desalination facilities, among other water and energy related projects. The firm has been in operation over 45 years as an Israeli state-owned enterprise to create advanced desalination technologies. The firm has researched and developed both thermal and reverse osmosis desalination technologies, with RO having been successfully deployed at scale in large and small scale operations. Currently there are about 400 IDE designed systems operating in 40 countries with a total capacity of about 528 MDG.

The firm has large-scale international projects in India and China. In 2008, it completed the world's largest multi-effect distillation technology desalination plant in Jamnagar, India. In 2009-2010, it first completed, and then expanded to double capacity at 52.8 MDG a thermal desalination plant in Tianjin, China, now the country's largest desalination plant.

IDE has completed some of the world's largest RO desalination plants, including a 72.3 MDG plant in Ashkelon, Israel and a 91.8 MGD plant in Hadera, Israel. In 2010, the company was awarded a contract for a 108.5 MGD plant in Soreq, Israel. Much of the firm's experience has been in Israel given its origin."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Immigration Tales" wrote:

After years of fighting against the California high-speed rail
project...

snip

FWIW: While high-speed rail remains an "interesting" metal
working related project, it appears there are other far more
immediate and critical needs.

Given that California produces the majority of the U. S.
fresh vegatables, particurarly in winter, adequate supplies
of water appear vital. It would seem the time, effort and
money being expended on high-speed rail would be far better
spent on massive desalinization and water pipe-line efforts,
coupled with the massive implementation, possibly subsidy,
of water conservation techniques such as hydroponics and
drip irrigation.

San Diego is way ahead of the rest of Cali.

I disagree. Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Los Angeles are far superior to San Diego both financially and tech wise. Also, San Diego conducts a lot of right wing activity. Its also

We know when to use Israeli technology to our advantage:

Sure California can always learn from Israel, but Israel still only ranks as the 19th largest economy in the world. Meanwhile California ranks 9th. (which is larger than Russia)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 10:06:47 AM UTC-7, wrote:

I disagree. Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Los Angeles are far superior to San Diego both financially and tech wise.

When it comes to desalination San Diego is far, far ahead.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 1:34:27 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 10:06:47 AM UTC-7, wrote:

I disagree. Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Los Angeles are far superior to San Diego both financially and tech wise.

When it comes to desalination San Diego is far, far
ahead.

I will admit, that is true. I noticed that 50 million gallons of fresh (from previously salt water) each day is a pretty significant number for the San Diego Carlsbad area.

(I'm surprised that such an accomplishment could come from a largely politically conservative area)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 11:44:55 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 1:34:27 PM UTC-4, jon_banquer wrote:
On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 10:06:47 AM UTC-7, wrote:

I disagree. Silicon Valley, San Francisco and Los Angeles are far superior to San Diego both financially and tech wise.

When it comes to desalination San Diego is far, far
ahead.

I will admit, that is true. I noticed that 50 million gallons of fresh (from previously salt water) each day is a pretty significant number for the San Diego Carlsbad area.

(I'm surprised that such an accomplishment could come from a largely politically conservative area)

We had a liberal mayor. He didn't last very long:

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/oct...ilner-20131015