Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default VFD Problem

replying to , Dan Reiche wrote:
Sierevello wrote:

I have a Dayton Electric Inverter 1XC98 5HP and 17 amps. I had it wired
to the drill press and it worked fine. I had it setting on a bench
during that time (too many other projects to do) and today decided to
mount it to the drill press. I mounted it and now have a problem. To
mount it I had to rewire it and all wires are in the correct places.
It has 20 programable functions and the first couple are listed below:
000 data protection
010 operating method/ frequency setting selection
020 Auto Restart after power failure
03_ Fault Memory
For some reason the VFD will not allow me to access functions 000 and
010. It will display 030 for fault memory though.
When the power is on it goes straight to the frequency setting screen.
It will allow you change the frequency and the motor turns but the stop
and start button are disabled. So you can run the motor up and down
through its range but to stop it you have to go down to 0Hz.
When I scroll through the functions it will allow me to access the
frequency setting/ 020/ and the fault memory as well as accel and decel
time and that is it.
The fault memory gives me an OU code if I just start it up and try to
scroll through. It will also give an OC2 code and then says "end". The
code OC2 advises to adjust the power supply to a suitable value, check
wire and motor winding insulation, or adjust decel time to a suitable
value (set to factory preset). OU gives the same advise with the
exception of checking the insulation.
It is running off of the same power supply it was before so I am not
sure what the problem is. I also do not see any way to clear the error
codes and the manual is of little help. I think I may have put in a
wrong code somewhere along the way.
Any one have any idea what I should do to get this working?
Thanks, Steve

Did you figure it out? I had the same problem. Disconnect the fwd wire
and power up the inverter. You should now be able to get to all the
settings now.

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...lem-21217-.htm