Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default reset odometer

This started on home.repair, sent here
for your enjoyment. Top posted on purpose.

"Phil Kangas"
wrote in message

"Robert Green"
wrote in message
According to Toyota, push and hold your
odometer reset button and turn the
key to "on"
position until the light goes out.

--
Bobby G.

"herb white"
wrote in message

How does one reset the odometer on a 2009
Toyota Tacoma to zero after an

oil change? The "maint required" light keeps
flashing indicating an oil
change is due which has been done. I would
like to turn that light off .
Thanks for any reply Herb

The guys that came up with 'the way to do it'
must have had a blast writing the manual!
I have a '03 buick century and wanted to
change the headlight time delay, it was set
for 1.5 min's, I wanted it off on shutdown.
Got the manual for it and it was hilarious
'the way to do it' was written. To change
settings you had to like hold the door lock
button while shifting from park to reverse
three times! heh heh .... to reset oil change
odometer you turn on the key and step on
the accelerator three times turn off key
and then restart. Without the manual, you
would never figure out how to change settings.
No wonder that setup is now obsolete. phil