Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Machine info

I have a Bridgeport mill I bought on line the serial number is 81019654
what model is this and is the year a 1954 ?

Can you get online free down load manuals ?

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...fo-608897-.htm

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex Rex is offline

On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 1:18:05 PM UTC-6, scott wrote:
I have a Bridgeport mill I bought on line the serial number is 81019654
what model is this and is the year a 1954 ?

Can you get online free down load manuals ?

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...fo-608897-.htm
using PolytechForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
rec.crafts.metalworking and other engineering groups

Google is your friend, Scott.

"Bridgeport manual" returns all kinds of PDF manual downloads.
Some of the same sites may have serial number data
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tuesday, January 6, 2015 1:18:05 PM UTC-6, scott wrote:
I have a Bridgeport mill I bought on line the serial number is

81019654
what model is this and is the year a 1954 ?

Can you get online free down load manuals ?

Is there no model number? Most of the documentation you'll find is by
model. There are some. I scanned some R2E4 stuff that Iggy has on his
site... but if it was made in '54, it's a heap older than an R2E4!

I assume - from your questioning it to possibly be of that vintage - that
it's a manual mill, and not CNC?

There are lots of docs for old machines. I even found some fairly good
information on an old F.E.Reed taper-cutting lathe I found, cleaned up,
and sold. The presence of documentation helped up the selling price a
bit, too!

(It wasn't a great lathe for general-purpose work, but I miss hearing
that "slap-slap-slap" of the leather belts, if just for the nostalgia of
it.)

Lloyd