Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Navy revokes Cosby's honorary title

rangerssuck wrote:
On Thursday, December 4, 2014 7:19:41 PM UTC-5, Semen Cosby wrote:

On Wednesday three more women went public to accuse him of
sexual abuse as their lawyer demanded he agree to be sued so
that the truth or falsity of the allegations can be established
in a court of law instead of the court of Twitter.

I was not aware that one has to "agree to be sued." You file suit
with the appropriate court, and the defendant gets served. That's how
I've understood it to work.

If a process server shows up with a notice, can one really just say,
"No thanks?"

Statute of limitations is in effect in AFAIK every complainant , and
they want him to waive that . Unless he does they have no grounds for a
criminal suit , though I'm not sure if that applies to civil suits .
But , I mean who waits 30 - 50 years to come forward ? IMO these are all
because Bill has been criticizing the racist *******s (IMO) like Jesse
Jackson and the Rev Al who have a vested interest in keeping racial tension
high . He has very pointedly told the black community they have no one to
blame but themselves for the situation they're in . "Get off your ass and
get an education and a job." is NOT a popular attitude with most of them .
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 12:22:57 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

rangerssuck wrote:
On Thursday, December 4, 2014 7:19:41 PM UTC-5, Semen Cosby wrote:

On Wednesday three more women went public to accuse him of
sexual abuse as their lawyer demanded he agree to be sued so
that the truth or falsity of the allegations can be established
in a court of law instead of the court of Twitter.

I was not aware that one has to "agree to be sued." You file suit
with the appropriate court, and the defendant gets served. That's how
I've understood it to work.

If a process server shows up with a notice, can one really just say,
"No thanks?"

Statute of limitations is in effect in AFAIK every complainant , and
they want him to waive that .

I can just hear Bill's "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..." answer
to that one. g

Unless he does they have no grounds for a
criminal suit , though I'm not sure if that applies to civil suits .
But , I mean who waits 30 - 50 years to come forward ? IMO these are all

That was a puzzler to me, too, until the rest of your statement below.

because Bill has been criticizing the racist *******s (IMO) like Jesse
Jackson and the Rev Al who have a vested interest in keeping racial tension
high . He has very pointedly told the black community they have no one to
blame but themselves for the situation they're in . "Get off your ass and
get an education and a job." is NOT a popular attitude with most of them .

Har! I love it. Kudos to Cosby for that.

--
Obstacles are those frightful things you
see when you take your eyes off your goal.

Thanks to the US Navy from Canada nestork Home Repair 111 March 20th 14 10:35 AM
US Navy Ben Metalworking 8 February 29th 08 10:45 PM
U. S. Navy Corsair. J T Woodworking 0 November 12th 07 05:08 PM
navy ad (cmon maroons) paul e Home Repair 0 June 15th 05 11:20 AM
Title Search & Title Insurance Questions Caliban Home Ownership 13 July 31st 03 10:09 PM