Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ohio

Dear Tony,

Hi, have you decided how to handle the final bills from the Ohio
building expenses? I must make an appointment with my dentist as I have
a tooth that is tender and I no longer have any dental insurance. I do
hope that I am soon approved for Social Security Disability, my doctor
says it should be approved but takes many months. As it is, Pat and I
are living off of her Social Security and I need to clear all accounts
and sell off my gun collection and camera equipment in order to buy
food, medicines and other absolute necessities. *Every cent of every
check that you have sent to me has gone into paying expenses incurred by
Felton and I must recoup those funds.*

I have the greatest confidence for your success and will do anything
within my power to insure that success. Please use my knowledge, I'm
always available for questions and ideas, there are a lot of things I
have already tried that didn't work and I have a lot of ideas for
products and processes.

Tom Gardner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote in :

Dear Tony,

snip personal email

Tom Gardner

Using the same application for email and newsgroups is just plain crazy.
Sooner or later you will end up 'oversharing' with the group . . .

[at]=@, [dash]=- & [dot]=. *Warning* HTML & 32K emails -- NUL
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, December 8, 2014 4:23:23 PM UTC-5, Tom Gardner wrote:
Dear Tony,

Hi, have you decided how to handle the final bills from the Ohio

building expenses? I must make an appointment with my dentist as I have
a tooth that is tender and I no longer have any dental insurance.

If you don't mind, I'd like to interrupt a bit here and tell you that I once heard two or three ladies talking about chewing-up about a half pound of cabbage because of its painkilling effects. I think you should try it Tom. It works.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sorry, posted by mistake.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/8/2014 4:29 PM, Ian Malcolm wrote:
Tom Gardner wrote in :

Dear Tony,

snip personal email

Tom Gardner

Using the same application for email and newsgroups is just plain crazy.
Sooner or later you will end up 'oversharing' with the group . . .

Oh well, no big deal. One of my best methods for collecting old debts.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 08 Dec 2014 16:35:21 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 12/8/2014 4:23 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:

Sorry, posted by mistake.

I tried like hell to call you but didn't have your number anymore. The
guy in Hamilton, Ont. was very nice about it, though. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 12/8/2014 4:23 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:

Sorry, posted by mistake.

I tried like hell to call you but didn't have your number anymore. The
guy in Hamilton, Ont. was very nice about it, though. d8-)

We just sold to a company in Canada, very innovative transaction and
some of the details are still in flux. I obviously want them to pay all
the building expenses in a timely fashion as we did toll manufacturing
for them for months. Canadians come from a COMPLETELY different
business culture! But they, like most people I guess, don't respond
well to legal speak so you accidentally see my tack...which seems to
work. I imagine it will take time but I have retired from the industry
and am very happy with the deal. I have been doing some consulting and
I still maintain the full machine shop and have leased out most of the
building for a positive cash flow. On to golf, fishing and teaching
shooting!

Use my first name AT my old business name dot com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Let us know what Tony's answer is. Thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-12-08, Tom Gardner wrote:

We just sold to a company in Canada, very innovative transaction and
some of the details are still in flux. I obviously want them to pay all
the building expenses in a timely fashion as we did toll manufacturing
for them for months. Canadians come from a COMPLETELY different
business culture! But they, like most people I guess, don't respond
well to legal speak so you accidentally see my tack...which seems to
work. I imagine it will take time but I have retired from the industry
and am very happy with the deal. I have been doing some consulting and
I still maintain the full machine shop and have leased out most of the
building for a positive cash flow. On to golf, fishing and teaching
shooting!

Use my first name AT my old business name dot com

My business rule #3, do not do business with Canadians.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-12-08, Tom Gardner wrote:

We just sold to a company in Canada, very innovative transaction and
some of the details are still in flux. I obviously want them to pay all
the building expenses in a timely fashion as we did toll manufacturing
for them for months. Canadians come from a COMPLETELY different
business culture! But they, like most people I guess, don't respond
well to legal speak so you accidentally see my tack...which seems to
work. I imagine it will take time but I have retired from the industry
and am very happy with the deal. I have been doing some consulting and
I still maintain the full machine shop and have leased out most of the
building for a positive cash flow. On to golf, fishing and teaching
shooting!

Use my first name AT my old business name dot com

My business rule #3, do not do business with Canadians.

I somewhat wish you had told ne earlier! I just need a translator
sometimes. And, they just live under a different set of stars. Not
good or bad...just different values and priorities. I've learned a LOT!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 08 Dec 2014 19:06:43 -0600, Ignoramus28939

On 2014-12-08, Tom Gardner wrote:

We just sold to a company in Canada, very innovative transaction and
some of the details are still in flux. I obviously want them to pay all
the building expenses in a timely fashion as we did toll manufacturing
for them for months. Canadians come from a COMPLETELY different
business culture! But they, like most people I guess, don't respond
well to legal speak so you accidentally see my tack...which seems to
work. I imagine it will take time but I have retired from the industry
and am very happy with the deal. I have been doing some consulting and
I still maintain the full machine shop and have leased out most of the
building for a positive cash flow. On to golf, fishing and teaching
shooting!

Use my first name AT my old business name dot com

My business rule #3, do not do business with Canadians.

Why not?? Except for possibly Quebec we are every bit as easy to deal
with as Yanks and Southerners. Most are honest to a fault - of course.
like with Yanks and Southerners there are some crooks in the mix..

And doing business across the border is not terribly onerous, and is
actually easier for Americans dealing in Canada than Canadians
attempting to deal in the USA.

And right now your Greenback buys 15% more up here.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-12-08, Tom Gardner wrote:

[...]

Where in Canada is your buyer? And is he/she Canadian Canadian,
or recent immigrant??
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-12-08, Tom Gardner wrote:

[...]

I used to think so too, until I had several bad experiences on ebay,
people not paying and leaving bad feedback for no reason.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-12-08, Tom Gardner wrote:

[...]

All kinds of that **** goes on south of the border too - as well as
sellers selling defective crap and not standing behind it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 08 Dec 2014 16:23:16 -0500, Tom Gardner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/9/2014 12:51 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
Best of luck to you, Tawm. Will you continue to be a lesbian, or was
that business-driven, sweetie?

I'll ALWAYS be a lesbian!

Having been screwed BIGtime by folks 3 times now, I no longer do
business with people who put the IXOYE fish on their business cards.
sigh

--

I have a few things I want to patent so I'm working on prototypes and
training the dogs to nap properly.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-12-08, Tom Gardner wrote:

[...]

A well established older company and has been a trading partner for
years. They had the best of three offers.

Before you walk away...I could sure use some more seconds wire
wheels/cup brushes..

(Grin)

Gunner

PJ O'Rourke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 09 Dec 2014 01:35:50 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 12/9/2014 12:51 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
Best of luck to you, Tawm. Will you continue to be a lesbian, or
was that business-driven, sweetie?

I'll ALWAYS be a lesbian!

That's what all of us here at RCM wanted to hear!

Having been screwed BIGtime by folks 3 times now, I no longer do
business with people who put the IXOYE fish on their business cards.
sigh

I have a few things I want to patent so I'm working on prototypes and
training the dogs to nap properly.

Cool and HUH?, respectively. Oh, I get it. If they don't shut up,
YOU can't nap properly. Please remember to keep active, or you'll be
dead within a year. The death rate of recent retirees is staggering.
I went to my first dermatologist appointment yesterday and, while he
was freezing things off the old bod, he told me of the friend who
retired last year and is already gone. Perfectly healthy when he
retired, he lost something and was gone within a friggin' year!
So, use it or lose it, sir.

Alls ya gots to do is move out into a clearing in the woods and build a
new house - heated with wood . Add in a few chickens , a beehive , and a
large garden and I guarantee you'll stay active .
I didn't work this hard when I worked for a living !
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

wrote:

[...]

g Yeah, the simple life is tiring as hell, innit?

Apparently life was simple way back because by the time ya got done
survivin' there was no energy left for anything else .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Monday, December 8, 2014 1:35:32 PM UTC-8, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 12/8/2014 4:23 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:

Sorry, posted by mistake.

No reason to apologize. It shows exactly who and what you are. I had it right all along.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

When I feel below the poverty line, I contacted a social worker. And their lawyers as well as their and my contacts in my field helped rectify a lot.

Yeah but today, everything is health plans, retirement plans, but still lawyers and accountants. As long as they've always been with your business (and the invoices show it) then delegation of authority should be easier. Keeping up with and working with trade and labor industry groups will help you keep pace with the industry as a whole. Things just work smoother. Managers with your firm will find it easier to run things so you can retire in the mean time.

Buckshot, from Ohio. RIP. Stormin Mormon[_7_] Metalworking 0 May 25th 12 10:22 PM
Stow,Ohio Jerry - OHIO Woodworking 10 February 18th 10 05:12 AM
40 degrees in Ohio Jerry - OHIO Home Repair 6 January 16th 10 02:06 AM
Ohio handyman [email protected] Home Repair 2 June 12th 07 02:14 AM
Contractors saw in Ohio Jack Hoying Woodworking 0 January 14th 06 08:03 PM