Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Smooth(er) Driveway

Got the hydrailic quick-disconnects replaced today on the tractor ,
mounted the front blade and exercised it a bit smoothing out the driveway .
I need some weight on the back of the machine , I'm spinning the tires when
I take a decent bite (tractor tread , not turf) . I expect it'll be just
fine if I need to move a little snow just as it is now ... but if we get ice
I'm thinking I'll need chains . Fortunately it has independent rear brakes ,
might help in slick conditions .
Looks like the only big project left on it now is repairs to the mower
deck - and I may be able to find a replacement for that instead . Matter of
money vs time , and I have a lot more of the latter ... The deck has an
advanced case of cancer , but I have the material needed to repair it . I
wouldn't dare spin up the blades the way it is now , but repairs look to be
pretty straightforward and simple . Looks like the major problem will be
maintaining the blades all in the same plane should I decide to cut the bad
pieces out rather than doubling them . Both ways have their plusses . And
minusses ...
--
Snag
And I'm in it just over 400 bucks so far . Unless you count my time ...

Smooth concrete Will[_8_] UK diy 14 October 13th 10 02:02 PM
How smooth is smooth enough? Amateur Q. m. scott veach Woodworking 15 January 14th 08 02:32 AM
How to smooth a rough glass edges into a sparkling smooth surface. Sam Nickaby Home Repair 21 July 24th 06 05:54 PM
Smooth finish on MDF sploo Woodworking 23 August 3rd 05 07:42 PM
What driveway deicer to use on asphalt driveway? sams Home Repair 2 December 8th 03 11:38 PM