Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Smooth(er) Driveway

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Terry Coombs" wrote in message
Jim Wilkins wrote:
...........Arctic Alpin

...And when we get iced in down here in The Holler the only way
we're gonna move is to chain up . No studded tires here . Gotta
check out chain prices for the tractor and Ma's car ... she ain't
gonna be happy . "If it's not one thing , it's another" .
Snag

Here in New England two feet of snow or two inches of ice on the road
is a damn nuisance that slows down the rush hour commute. The only
thing that actually immobilizes us is trees and possibly live power
lines fallen across the road.

Here in the Ozarks we have a real problem when it ices . Snow isn't as
much of a problem , but the elevation changes here will flat **** you up on
ice unless you've got chains . Wife totalled one last winter , and she's a
very experienced snow/ice driver . Learned the same place I did , northern
Utah .
People here don't get enough practice on slick roads to get comfortable
with limited traction . It doesn't help that most snow storms here begin
with rain that turns to sleet/ice/freezing rain then snow . Makes for a
potentially deadly situation .
--
Snag